Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captain Overs said:
Big Beer Belly,

Nice post! I wish more people on this forum could give informative info without just spewing flame.

Now, now Capt Overs ... just scroll up a bit and you'll see I can be a provocative jerk at times myself ... :D

I prefer to imagine many of these "conversations" taking place in a smoky pub, with a half dozen bitching pilots spewing and slurring forth their pearls of wisdom, interjected with ample inflammatory taunts (all fair game over beer!) ... So, if read in that light, just about anything is fair game and I laugh at most of them.

Every once in a while, just to remind myself I can still do it, I try to post something fairly coherent without flaming anyone.:puke:

BBB

Big Beer Belly said:
Now, now Capt Overs ... just scroll up a bit and you'll see I can be a provocative jerk at times myself ... :D

I prefer to imagine many of these "conversations" taking place in a smoky pub, with a half dozen bitching pilots spewing and slurring forth their pearls of wisdom, interjected with ample inflammatory taunts (all fair game over beer!) ... So, if read in that light, just about anything is fair game and I laugh at most of them.

Every once in a while, just to remind myself I can still do it, I try to post something fairly coherent without flaming anyone.:puke:

BBB

I was worried about since I had not seen any of your posts for awhile. Good to see your back!

Good luck and hopefully after talking to your family and cohorts you will make the best decision for your family. Either way, I'm junior to you and live in SDF as well, so extra room on the 'Bus to MEM if you go Big Brown.

Good luck and be careful what you wish for.

NoKoolAid said:
Family considerations are the main motivation for me to even consider the move..

Man, that could be anything...from a dying relative that you need to be close to or the wifey is simply biching 'cause she wants to be close to mama...

Need more intel there....

Here's my take:

Can you take a big pay cut? If so I seem to recall a FDX pilot tell me you can drop to 40 hrs or something like that. Now you prly make just north of 6 figures so we're talking a substantial cut in pay here....BUT...you do what you have to do.

So, if you can drop to that level AND afford to do it and since you're on the -11, that's only a couple of sequences a month, right? You would prly only work 6 or 7 days a month, including the commute.

Seems to me that if you can take the pay cut, this would EASILY allow you to move to Brown Town for the fam and prly only have to commute once or twice a month.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Spooky 1 said:
I was worried about since I had not seen any of your posts for awhile. Good to see your back!

Hey Spooky ... just took a little sabbatical ... but the planets are once again aligned and I've been sharing my brilliant insights again. :D Nice to hear from you too!

I go away for a while and your alma mater takes a big doo-doo dive into bankruptcy ... sad what has become of DAL ... a great airline for many years. Hard to believe it's the same place where the employees bought a 767 for the company not long ago. A lot of friends have taken the early retirements ... can't blame 'em.

Regards,

BBB

Captain Overs said:
Some people can never be happy in aviation. Some pilots could make $1 million a month and only have to work one day a week and they would bitch because that day is Sunday.

Ha ha....that is so true.

fox3 said:
Since you're and MEM MD-11 F/O, obviously senior to me, I say go for it!:laugh:

I couldn't agree more....In fact, every pilot who is senior to me should strongly consider employment at other airlines. Also, may I offer you my dessert? How about a nice cigarette? Have you given any consideration into buying a motocycle?

USNFDX said:
ChipChip Chip Chip Chip :smash:

I noticed that too USNFDX ... he's hauling around a mighty big one.

But hey, unlike SWA our sims don't include 8 legs, a run to Taco Bell and 6 pre-flights! :D

BBB

Last edited:
I clicked on Majors, but somehow ended up in the Cargo Forum.:confused: :puke:

Latest resources

Back