• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ups/fedex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice last post Clyde! Those who have gone before us in this profession (what's left of it) would roll over in their graves if they heard the crap posted on this board. The race to the bottom and "I'll gladly work for less" mentality prevalent on the passenger side has certainly helped to erode the past 30 years' gains in collective bargaining agreements.

BBB

BTW ... The CA poverty line for a family of four is $54,000 and change. Below this level, the state steps in with all sorts of financial assistance programs. Some on this board are REALLY out of touch with REALITY! There's a reason housing in Peoria and Cedar Rapids is cheap ... NO ONE WANTS TO LIVE THERE!

Big Beer Belly said:
Nice last post Clyde! Those who have gone before us in this profession (what's left of it) would roll over in their graves if they heard the crap posted on this board. The race to the bottom and "I'll gladly work for less" mentality prevalent on the passenger side has certainly helped to erode the past 30 years' gains in collective bargaining agreements.

BBB

BTW ... The CA poverty line for a family of four is $54,000 and change. Below this level, the state steps in with all sorts of financial assistance programs. Some on this board are REALLY out of touch with REALITY! There's a reason housing in Peoria and Cedar Rapids is cheap ... NO ONE WANTS TO LIVE THERE!

BBB,

Thanks! It seems like a lot of people are throwing in the towel without putting up much of a fight. I want to raise the bar so high, that we will need a telescope to see it!

- Clyde
100% IPA

From my prospective, it sounds like the UPS boys and girls have it pretty good. I can't see how anybody would fault them for trying to negotiate a better wage though. I am a night freight pilot(not for UPS) and I know how hard it is to be awake all night. I will make a little over $80K this year before taxes and it is not a lot of money. I see the sun set and rise every day. Like some have posted, they make their company a lot of money and are entitled to their share of it. I think 40% might be a little unrealistic but more power to them. Good luck with new contract. Hopefully I will be sporting a brown uniform someday.

Do UPS pilots make good money now? From the facts posted on this thread, I would have to say yes. Do they deserve a 40% pay raise? From the facts posted on this thread, I would have to say yes. Compensation must be in line and similar to revenue generated by the employer. It seems to this biased aviator that the model is broken at UPS. It seems clear to me that UPS management does not want to share the success and profits with their pilot group. That is not acceptable.
Although I disagree with the previous posts (cry me a river, quit go the med school, etc) I can sympathize with a pilot in my income bracket. I currently work at a regional for over 7 years and know that I would not earn $94500+ for another 7 years. That much money sounds great to me! Allow me to stress once again I do disagree with those previous posts (poorly worded IMHO).
Good luck in your negotiations and go raise the bar. I hope you can avoid a strike but realize that may be required to sign a contract you all deserve.

27 driver said:
From my prospective, it sounds like the UPS boys and girls have it pretty good. I can't see how anybody would fault them for trying to negotiate a better wage though. I am a night freight pilot(not for UPS) and I know how hard it is to be awake all night. I will make a little over $80K this year before taxes and it is not a lot of money. I see the sun set and rise every day. Like some have posted, they make their company a lot of money and are entitled to their share of it. I think 40% might be a little unrealistic but more power to them. Good luck with new contract. Hopefully I will be sporting a brown uniform someday.

40% for F/O's is in the ballpark for the raise we will get. Captains will be getting around a 20% raise. The disparity is due the the hidden "B" scale that is in the current contract for junior F/O's.

needapayraise said:
40% for F/O's is in the ballpark for the raise we will get. Captains will be getting around a 20% raise. The disparity is due the the hidden "B" scale that is in the current contract for junior F/O's.[/quote
needapayraise said:
]

needapayraise,
I thought you were asking for 40% across the board. That sounded like a lot to me for one jump. Will it be 40% over a couple of years or right away? Either way you should get a piece of the pie. I really hope that it doesn't come to a strike though. Management doesn't like to come off that money easily. For your sake and mine I hope you get a fair deal. If you guys strike I will not be able to fly either as I am one of those lowly contractors flying the Menlo/UPS freight. When are the negotiations going to be over? Good luck and to quote everyone else "raise the bar high".

Tail Winds,
27 driver

I think the point of the 40%/20% is to make more money earlier on. I don't know if that makes sense or if I am right.

capt. megadeth said:
I think the point of the 40%/20% is to make more money earlier on. I don't know if that makes sense or if I am right.

The 40% and 20% will be up front with nice yearly increases to boot.

OK. Where has Need A Payraise been? Your posts are motivating and there are a lot of newhires on edge with the strike talk.

The nice thing about only making 26k is that if we go on strike and get fired, it's really not that big of a paycut!

Hey needpayraise. Thanks for guys like you willing to raise the bar. We here pray for you guys to get it, so we can also raise ours.

And about the med school posted by av8er23... Why in the world should a Med. doctor make more money than a pilot???? Does he kill more than one when he makes a mistake? does he had to operate on the middle of the night in an every day bases. Does he have to stay up and safe surgery for 20 hours and does he has a 2 or max 3 team people?? So why should them make more than us? I our responsibility is way and far away bigger than them? Thank about it.

HAVE all a GREAT 2006 HAPPY NEW YEAR for ALL

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back