ups/fedex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
av8er23 said:
Pay usually increases year to year. This goes with most companies but UPS could be an exception.

I am assuming nothing. He openly shared his facts: income (94,000) and expenses (a morgage payment). He must have one hell of morgage payment. Some of you guys get so up tight. I am totally for pilots getting good pay. I think that the guy should make more than what he is making as he puts in more time with the company. I simply think that it is lots more unfair for the regionals to pay a five year guy 30k than it is for ups to pay a five year guy what he makes and for him to complain about it.

Wow!!!! I am amazed by this argument. Those arguing against UPS getting the much deserved pay raise are also probably the ones who think pilots don't need college degrees. Do you idiots realize that the typical 35 year old USAF pilot makes more than a 5 year FO flying a 747 at UPS? 95k is a ridiculous amount for being an FO at UPS. You should move to Cuba because you'r spouting off communistic garbage!

av8er23 said:
Dude, the guy is a five year F/O and makes just under 100,000. I think he has issues with money managment. Does he think he is going to get pay cuts soon? His pay will continue to go up and top 200,000 one day. Or hopefully he will get so fed up, quit and let me take his place. I will be very thankfull if i were working with one of the top three majors in the industry.
Bite me......I am in pretty much the same financial situation needapayraise is and trust me.....$94K and change is not all that. If you are trying to save for retirement (which you have to these days....you sure as hell can't depend on Social Security and an A plan) and you live in friggin New York, Chicago or California, you better make more than that to live comfortably. I would hardly say I have money management issues (in addition, I have the cheapest fiancee in the world) and I doubt needapayraise does either.

needapayraise said:
You are typical of the new crop of pilots. You would just be tickled pink to take my job at it's current pay and be TOTALLY satisfied to never make a penny more. What is it with people that love to drag others down to their level. Don't you aspire to have a true "career" at an airline making the "big bucks" like you fantasized about when you first started flying lessons? With an attitude like you have you will never get attain a career like you dreamed of.
No $hit. I have been flying for half of my life now and am making $26K this year. Am I happy to have a job at UPS? Hell yeah! Does it mean I should ask them to keep my pay at 26K next year....I think not! There comes a point where you should be rewarded for all of the sacrifices made for this career.

135fr8r said:
Why would I want your job? So I can wear that crappy brown uniform that makes you look like a bellman at the Hilton? If you are that ignorant to not know the solution to your problem, maybe I can help.

FU***ING QUIT AND GO TO MED SCHOOL
Ha ha.....I'd rather wear brown than ki$$ some CEOs a$$ all day flying corporate. Talk about hell on earth! Is your face brown after a flight from sticking your head up their a$$ at the end of your work day? You don't make $94K a year but you enjoy flying someone around who is probably making 500 times more than you?
You'd HAVE to pay me $1 million a year just to be able to be in the same room with these overpaid schmucks for 5 minutes.

av8er23 said:
I am assuming nothing. He openly shared his facts: income (94,000) and expenses (a morgage payment). He must have one hell of morgage payment.

Wow, thank God we have You, King of All airline Finances to Tell US how much we should budget for a mortgage.

Sorry to burst your pathetic bubble, but people can earn a solid $100K in So Cal and not be able to afford much.

What exactly was your point again, (other than you know nothing - that has already been established).

My question is this:

Do you want a 40% payraise, and 3.5% A plan, plus want to keep the 11% B plan?

av8er23 said:
HaHa

I would be totally satisfied knowing I work for a pretty secure company and my pay is going to do nothing but go up. needapayraise you were probably part of the same Delta group that went on strike several years ago because they were capping pay at 300,000. The last Air Inc. survey shows that the smallest 10th year capt. at UPS makes a little over 200,000

In that case I think you need to change your screen to "the unappreciative brown bus driver"

Just to show you want a gullible amateur you are for believing all the crap of "Air Inc" ALL UPS captains make the same amount of money. $190/hr x 75hrs x13 pay pds/yr = 185250. Not anywhere close to "a little over $200000". It's disturbing that you and it seems, most of the new generation of pilots, are setting you goals so low. You seem made to order to fly a new, shiny RJ around for the rest of your career knowing that you are making the "big bucks". I hope that UPS never hires you or anyone like you that is willing to settle for so little.

BoilerUP said:
My question is this:

Do you want a 40% payraise, and 3.5% A plan, plus want to keep the 11% B plan?

Sure I'd like to but it's not gonna happen. I'll take the 40%+ payraise with modest boots to the A plan (which will be put in the same plan as the managers, so it'll be as safe as one can be) plus a 12% B plan on TOTAL W2 earnings.

Just wanted to thank everyone on this thread for supporting a pilot group that's actually going to "raise the bar". I expected the jabs from the newbies and those with paycheck envy. It seems as though many pilots have just given up and decided that they are never going to do anything more than fly an RJ for a commuter for the rest of their career and therefore can't stand to see anyone truly succeed with their own career. As much as I can't stand UPS, I thank god every day that UPS is NOT an airline and has the means to pay us well and I also thank god for the unity of the IPA that will make those 40% pay raises, and other increases that some pilots can't stand, possible.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back