ups/fedex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bombinha said:
Hey needpayraise. Thanks for guys like you willing to raise the bar. We here pray for you guys to get it, so we can also raise ours.

And about the med school posted by av8er23... Why in the world should a Med. doctor make more money than a pilot???? Does he kill more than one when he makes a mistake? does he had to operate on the middle of the night in an every day bases. Does he have to stay up and safe surgery for 20 hours and does he has a 2 or max 3 team people?? So why should them make more than us? I our responsibility is way and far away bigger than them? Thank about it.

HAVE all a GREAT 2006 HAPPY NEW YEAR for ALL

Do you guys at Kalitta really expect to benefit from the contract increases at UPS and FedEx? They are in a totally seperate business from Kalitta. You guys are an ACMI carrier and to expect to coat tail on their contracts is totally nieve and arrogant on your part. The ACMI carriers are not in the same class as UPS and FedEx and never will be. The ACMI business it too cut throat to expect anything other than marginal increases in any contract.

I disagree with the above post. Heavy freight is where the future high paying jobs will be. If I was at a large ACMI carrier I'd stay put rather than going to SWA or Cal. China is a gravy train.

L'il J.Seinfeld said:
I disagree with the above post. Heavy freight is where the future high paying jobs will be. If I was at a large ACMI carrier I'd stay put rather than going to SWA or Cal. China is a gravy train.

Heavy freight as in UPS and FedEx for the high paying jobs. ACMI has never been, nor will ever be, high paying.

Yes. We are probably 100 days or less from either a strike or an industry leading contract.

When the leverage is on your side and the company can afford it, you use it. Airlines have no problem crying poor and asking for cuts when times are bad. Our job is to take care of ourselves an ensure that the pendulum swings the other way when times are good.

BTW, does everyone else on the board not realize that pay rates trickle down? How do you expect to raise "regional" pay if A-320 CA's are making $100/hr? I for one am glad these guys are boosting the top end.

Oh yea, can I have a job at UPS please? :)

One side here is arrogant, they will push pay and cry poor until they go the way
of the Dodo (pronounced DEL-tah).
The other side is taking an aggressive (perhapse whiny) stance to try to
convince them how good they have it.

Reality:
All of you can (and will) be replaced by a chip/box.
...and I can fix chips/boxes...

suckers.

CE

Mmm... flame bait. Enjoy it until someone wants to replace you with either a computer or someone from India.

pianoman said:
Mmm... flame bait. Enjoy it until someone wants to replace you with either a computer or someone from India.

I am sure they already WANT to.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back