• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Takes Action to Protect Customers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Patiently waiting for ALPA to countersue and bring the war to management.

Don't play not to lose. Play to win.

In this political environment? I'll be happy to play to not lose... sorry just being realistic....

Too many Bush and McCain lovers out there...

"United said it canceled 329 flights between July 19 and July 27, costing it about $8 million in lost revenue and $3.9 million in operating profit."

I can certainly believe the revenue side of this - $24,316 per flight. It is completely unbelievable to believe these same flights averaged a profit of $11,854 per flight. That infers a 48.74% profit margin!!! By their own admission the majority of these flights were narrow body flights - not the more lucrative international flights. If these numbers were true United should be declaring a billion dollar profit per quarter.

I'm sure that every passenger did not get a full refund either and were accomodated on other flights.

This information propagated by management is disingenuous at best and downright fraud at worst. I hope ALPA puts forth a very public defense outlining the misinformation. Good luck to the United boys.

And yet many on this board want to vote for McCain! Think long and hard about that on November 4th. I'm not a big fan on Obama but I believe he is the lesser of 2 evils.

So you want higher gas prices and higher taxes with Obama? How will that impact the airline industry and your jobs? I'm glad I got out years ago...

Alright, back to the topic at hand... UAL's management BLOWS!

So you want higher gas prices and higher taxes with Obama? How will that impact the airline industry and your jobs? I'm glad I got out years ago...

Alright, back to the topic at hand... UAL's management BLOWS!

Obama would cut taxes for 95% of Americans, including you.

Obama recently met with the head of the AFL-CIO.
Perhaps he will be more labor friendly, or less hostile to labor than bush and his cronies.

Might also appoint a friendlier NMB, which determines
release from negotiations and self-help. Which equals leverage.....

A vote for McCain is a vote for your job to be handed over to the Branson's and Ryannair's of the world, and for foreign control of airlines, and of hiring of foreign nationals at U.S. carriers.

McCain is very hostile to airline pilots, period.

Besides, if you are worried about defense policy and national security, look at the resumes of the current occupants (Bush sr. in background, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Powell, etc.) Yet, they fu**** it up in Iraq and Afghanastan, and ruined our reputation around the world.

I'll try Obaba's optimism and vision over Bush's Hubris.

Last edited:
Anyone care to explain the FODM program?

Latest resources

Back