• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Takes Action to Protect Customers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When they raise the wages and don't have furloughing, I might pickup open flying. Until then, I won't pickup flying. When there is a financial incentive, perhaps, but not at the current rates.

Moreover, sick leave is an earned benefit per the contract. If they want to drop usage, pay out the earned and unused sick time. It's unreasonable to fly a pilot forced overtime (which is the norm) and deny sick leave pay, then furlough. Just my opinion.

Hit it right on the head.........

I think United should "(take) action to protect customers" by making certain their pilots are well rested and not sick.

An average of 94+ hour lines with 12 or 11 days off does not a rested pilot make.

"I'M SAFE" pretty much says it all.

SCR

Hmmmmm. Back when management "turned things around," they could have put money towards morale by giving some money back to the troops, hedging fuel, or buying newer, more efficient equipment. I guess those bonuses were a much wiser investment. Good luck guys!!

The union can't say anything. But neither should they have to.

It's common sense. When there are furloughs, then do NOT pick up open time! If the airline is 'hurting' that bad, then they should recall some of the furloughed to help the staffing.

Unfortunately, too many 'generation ME' pilots do not care about the furloughee pilots. It's all about, me, Me, MEEE, and what *I* can get!

You must know Mr. PBS at USAirways. Good for the UAL boys and girls. While at US we trip over ourselves for open time and run on time while the company f us.

This was a train wreck waiting to happen!

90 hour month lines, no duty rigs, lond duty days, no real TRIP TRADING, crappy PBS schedules.

In case UAL Management is listening I will DUMB IT DOWN FOR YA!

1. YOU BUY A NEW CAR, ACTUALLY YOU LEASE IT

2. YOU DRIVE IT HARD EVERYDAY AND ONLY PUT GAS IN IT--HEY WHY PAY FOR OIL AND UPKEEP?

3. YOU DRIVE, DRIVE, and DRIVE IT SOME MORE, AS HARD AS YOU CAN--UNTIL

THE FORKING WHEELS COME OFF AND YOU ARE SLAMMED INTO THE DITCH!

Who is your DADDY NOW BEEYOTCH!

I'm kinda pissed because there was a job action going on at my airline and I have to find out about it from management today? Geeezzzz.......

Anyway, does anyone know how to look up a Federal lawsuit such as this online? I suspect it's public record and I'd like to actually read what we're being sued over.........PM me plz.....

The union can't say anything. But neither should they have to.

It's common sense. When there are furloughs, then do NOT pick up open time! If the airline is 'hurting' that bad, then they should recall some of the furloughed to help the staffing.

Unfortunately, too many 'generation ME' pilots do not care about the furloughee pilots. It's all about, me, Me, MEEE, and what *I* can get!

And no one is even furloughed yet....

Latest resources

Back