• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Pilot to Upset to Fly!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So let me get this straight....UAL is losing $6M/day and the pilots think management really gives a rats a** how "unified" the pilots are? Well, if it gives ya a warm and fuzzy to see the guy/gal next to ya isn't wearing his hat in "protest" and it makes you feel "unified" with him/her, I guess keep up the fight! At least you won't miss wearing it when you are standing in the unemployment line....this is a group in bad need of a hug!

These pilot unions sure are a sad lot. That you even need to come UP with this stuff....the hat issue, in a feeble attempt to show UNITY is just embarrassing.

Unity should be 100 percent. Period. But it's not, and that's why so many airline pilots have found themselves in the position they are in.

I'm sure the IAM and the UAW look at an ALPA member and just laugh when they read stuff like this.

An airline pilot will be the first one to sell out their co-worker.

It will never be the way it was. Too many people willing to take your job and do it for less.

Somebody tries to cross a picket line in Detroit, they get killed. Cross an ALPA picket line, you get a seniority number. I bet you can count on one hand a pilot scab that has lost sleep over scabbing.

But this hat issue is just simply amazing. Sort of like General Lee's "United PLUS ONE" bag sticker.

These pilot unions sure are a sad lot. That you even need to come UP with this stuff....the hat issue, in a feeble attempt to show UNITY is just embarrassing.

Unity should be 100 percent. Period. But it's not, and that's why so many airline pilots have found themselves in the position they are in.

I'm sure the IAM and the UAW look at an ALPA member and just laugh when they read stuff like this.

An airline pilot will be the first one to sell out their co-worker.

It will never be the way it was. Too many people willing to take your job and do it for less.

Somebody tries to cross a picket line in Detroit, they get killed. Cross an ALPA picket line, you get a seniority number. I bet you can count on one hand a pilot scab that has lost sleep over scabbing.

But this hat issue is just simply amazing. Sort of like General Lee's "United PLUS ONE" bag sticker.

Clueless individual. Obviously has no idea what it means to be in a union. I guess we should just role over and let management do as they wish, that should work out well!!!

Last edited:
Acutally I agree with Ultrarunner. Did the United guys take a paycut and lower guarantee to keep the furloughs from happening? Or did it "suck to be you" if you were junior? Every one of my buds that I talk to is flying over 90 hours a month right now. Let's see what happens when the 737's and 747's go away this fall.

Gup

Clueless individual. Obviously has no idea what it means to be in a union. I guess we should just role over and let management do as they wish, that should work out well!!!

And for god's sake, PLEASE don't harass anyone! It was fun flying with you....enjoy your time off!!

RV

Acutally I agree with Ultrarunner. Did the United guys take a paycut and lower guarantee to keep the furloughs from happening? Or did it "suck to be you" if you were junior? Every one of my buds that I talk to is flying over 90 hours a month right now. Let's see what happens when the 737's and 747's go away this fall.

Gup

Actually furlough mitigation negotiations are taking place right now. I don't work for a company like yours that has a good employee/management realationship. Do you think with no union things would be better? I'm happy for you guys but the rest of the industry isn't quite like Southwest.

No. Don't roll over. However, being in a union has nothing to do wth wearing or not wearing your hat. That's easy compared to actually risking it all and going out on strike. Why someone at UAL ALPA thinks that will make a difference is beyond me.

I used to be at UAL and I'm embarrassed for you guys regarding this "hat switch" thing. Stickers on bags, hats on or off, whatever - it might make someone feel good but UAL (or any other airline) management can't possibly give a rat's ass.

What a pathetic, useless effort. They and the general public (including the people on the cancelled flight) are laughing their asses off at you guys. Ooooooh!! They're not wearing their hats - we better not mess with these guys, they're serious. :rolleyes:

The only thing that management understands or cares about is a "no" vote on a TA and a striking pilot group.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back