• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Pilot to Upset to Fly!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't really think the guys at United are thinking about taking a paycut, so I wouldn't worry about the non-hat wearers voting for it.

If you believe this is why ALPA is "very ineffective", please tell us what you think other unions (that have gone through bankruptcy) do better to make themselves effective?
And this goes for Pkober too: Not wearing hats to show Unity. Unity against what? Management policies? First off, it's not a good indicator of "Unity." Look at my previous haircut statement. Secondly: What will the pilots do when Management comes to them AGAIN with concessionary contracts? Pilots will vote them in and all be happy to have a job.

Doesn't matter if you support operation "no hat" or if you blow up a huge inflatable rat.....At the end of the day, 50%+1 will do whatever it takes to save their job because they don't want to start over again at the bottom.....All the silly hat protests and inflatable rodents won't change that......:rolleyes:

Like cancelling a flight? This guys ONE action of cancelling a flight did MORE to get management's attention than the goofy Hat protest. ALPA should be taking notes.

Sidenote: Kudos to this guy for cancelling the trip

This hat wearing idiot cancelled the flight because he was to upset to fly after his piers harassed the crap out of him for being on his own agenda. The company got involved because of the cancelled flight. We in ORD were all sent an e-mail concerning the harassment of employees....."It will not be tolerated." E-mail didn't work. As I have said before it is about unity and seeing who the players are. And yes the company notices.

This hat wearing idiot cancelled the flight because he was to upset to fly after his piers harassed the crap out of him for being on his own agenda.
Statements like this always bring a smile to my face due to their self-evident nature.

Note to others: Besides watching out for those harassing piers, also be on the lookout for those menacing hangars and bus terminals. :laugh:

Doesn't matter if you support operation "no hat" or if you blow up a huge inflatable rat.....At the end of the day, 50%+1 will do whatever it takes to save their job because they don't want to start over again at the bottom.....All the silly hat protests and inflatable rodents won't change that......:rolleyes:

And if you don't like 50%+1 there is always litigation. The ultimate in democracy... if you don't get your way, get out voted or become the minority you can always sue the bastards....

"Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner"

Again....if you don't like 50%+1 there is always litigation.

Latest resources

Back