• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sure that these strokers that are complaining about low time pilots being hired would have been fine with it if it were them that got hired. Like any of you would have turned down the job with 500tt...give me a break....stop being hypocrites...

That's true too D-Bo. I knew a couple of white male UAL interns in the 90's who got hired with about 500 hours. That pisses me off just as much.

I'm not even talking about interns. As a matter of fact, every intern that I know is much smarter than me and can fly circles around damn near anybody.

I'm not even talking about interns. As a matter of fact, every intern that I know is much smarter than me and can fly circles around damn near anybody.

D-Bo-

As Capt Megadeth said...don't waste your time. I am a white male that chose to not worry about what and how others were hired. I focused on me and making sure I was as competitive as I could be. As a result I achieved most goals including working for a major. Sometimes I had help and sometimes not. Sounds much like what you went through.

You have a great attitude that will always prevail. It is too bad that others cannot see this is the primary catalyst to success.

Juice

So does this mean that the sons and daughters program is part of the new hire program?

So does this mean that the sons and daughters program is part of the new hire program?

And if so, would any United pilots like to adopt an adult white male? :D

Bottom line folks is United will hire whoever they want to and they will not consult you nor do they give a $hit what your opinion is and what your logbook says. If you don't like their hiring practices, then don't work there. Otherwise, you're just jealous.

Just like the good old days! We're "takin' it back!"

Man, talk about thread creep.

This is standard for any thread titled:

Airline ____ minimums
How do I get a job at ______?
What's competitive at Airline _____?

etc, etc....you get the picture.

Usually by the third or fourth post, some bitter lazy a$$ has to say something about having being a chick. It's standard Flight Info SOP.

It's like those overseas contracts: 1000 TT with 500 in 747(or A320, etc). that just doesn't occur in nature over here very much.

It is pretty humerous isnt it? Ive read through tons of those job ads, and always scratched my head, until wait----those Ab Initio programs in XXX country can get you into that 1000TT w/500 Hrs on a 737 category.

I was on KLM a few months back. The 747 crew walked up, the FO looked no older than 21.

But your right, not over here.

Not yet, anyway.

GA student starts are down 50% since 9/11. Go walk around your local airport and see how many pilots are flying around with $4/gallon gas. And now Bushy and Blakey want to increase taxes and impose user fees if you file IFR.

We'll be ab initio in 5 years here, but here's the kicker: "We just can't find Americans to take these jobs....."

Latest resources

Back