• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's right Bags, I did poorly. You are welcome to come over and dust off the trophy (if you can find it in the basement).

PIPE

First, if you had 2000 hours and DIDN'T finish at the top of a UPT class, then you're a complete idiot, and second, I'm confident you spend most of your free time "polishing your (tiny) trophy"

First, if you had 2000 hours and DIDN'T finish at the top of a UPT class, then you're a complete idiot, and second, I'm confident you spend most of your free time "polishing your (tiny) trophy"

Actually, I spent most of my free time at UPT with a golf club in my hand. RELAX!

PIPE

SSDD...:rolleyes:

Just a few points from the p-nut gallery.

We can get you experience, but a jack@ss with 1000 hours will still be a jack@ss when he get's 10,000. If anything, the mins should be lower. The only valid reason for mins is to give you enough time to step on your shwanzes... The we can screen out the idiots with multiple violations. In reality, high mins results in LOWER quality people. If you're sitting at 15,000 hours and you haven't been able to get a good job, YOU'RE AN IDIOT AND LOSER! Flying is like sex. While practice may make you better, some people are naturals and some will suck no matter how much experience they get.

When I had 300 TT, I was teaching one student with another student solo on my wing in a Supersonic twin engined jet. I think I could handle ORD-DSM in an F-n Guppy.:rolleyes:

Now to the minority thing.
- When the folks hired in the 70's (mayonaisse monkeys with balls...) apologize to minority and women pilots, and step aside for the "more qualified" ones they were hired in front of, then you can attack those women and minorities hired today
- IIRC, UAL has a LOWER hire rate for women and minorities than white males. Yes, they may get an interview earlier, but it's still TOUGHER for them to get past the interview.
- The WORST pilots I flew with at UAL were WHITE MALE SCABS. Among the best was this knockout MILF on the Guppy in DEN....:0 Made it hard to concentrate....
- Off the top of my head, I know 7 female or minority pilots at UAL personally. One was an AF fighter pilot, Three were AF "FAIPS", one was a C 141 instructor pilot in the AF, one was a KC-135 and T-38 IP, and one was a civilian only pilot. Hardly differant from the males they hire. Heck, if anything they are BETTER qualified. Only one was hired with REALLY low hours. She was an outstanding AF officer and pilot who was picked to be a FAIP, but got out during the Bush 1 drawdown. Back to the first point, we can build your hours, but being a jack@ss is forever...
- I had casual conversation with two other new-hires in the late 90's who were minority or female. BOTH CAME FROM ANOTHER MAJOR AIRLINE.

Let's be honest. At worst, UAL's hiring practices cost a few white guys a couple weeks of seniority. Boo Fricken hoo. It's like having to park at the back of the parking lot and noticing a car double parked on the front row during your long walk to the building and getting mad because you could have had that spot. But the truth is YOU STILL WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN IT. SOMEONE ELSE WOULD HAVE. You would still be on the back row, one spot closer. Do I support Affirmative action? NO. Do I blame the person taking advantage of it? Are you kidding? Use whatever assets you have to get hired (I used my stricking good looks...):D

Finally, if UAL has a special program for family members of employees, GOOD ON THEM!! With the trouble and heartache my family went through at the hands of UAL, THEY DESERVE IT. Now go get a life and quit blamming everyone else for your shortcommings.

Amen, Bro.

Latest resources

Back