• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Hiring Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I want to make sure I'm clear about how I feel about LCALALPA. After LOA 25, I think they're bigger scumbags than smallsack, fred, and the rest of mismanagement.

The first time the CAL MEC saw LOA 25 was when the TA book was handed to us. The CAL MEC had zero knowledge of anything relating to that LOA until we read the TA. That LOA was created by the entire JNC (half of your guys).

As far as the inappropriate comment about the CAL MEC. As a 1987 hire, if I am ever unfortunate enough to fly with you. Gear up, flaps up and you can probably guess the rest.

Jayson Baron
CAL EWR CA REP

The first time the CAL MEC saw LOA 25 was when the TA book was handed to us. The CAL MEC had zero knowledge of anything relating to that LOA until we read the TA. That LOA was created by the entire JNC (half of your guys).

As far as the inappropriate comment about the CAL MEC. As a 1987 hire, if I am ever unfortunate enough to fly with you. Gear up, flaps up and you can probably guess the rest.

Jayson Baron
CAL EWR CA REP

Yeah, right. We all know that pierceofshii twisted arms at the last minute to get that added. You guys did everything you could to try to get some leverage in SLI through this contract. LOA 25 has CALALPA fingerprints all over it.

The second portion of your comment begs the question: do you actually fly the line?

Yeah, right. We all know that pierceofshii twisted arms at the last minute to get that added. You guys did everything you could to try to get some leverage in SLI through this contract. LOA 25 has CALALPA fingerprints all over it.

The second portion of your comment begs the question: do you actually fly the line?

Yes I do fly the line. I have flown a full line of time the last four years in my position and represented one of the largest bases in ALPA. Only the last three months due to the ALPA BOD, numerous MEC meetings (basically non stop) associated with the TA and crew room duty the last month have I ever been on any full time flight pay loss period.

Jay Pierce and the CAL MEC had nothing to do with LOA 25. It was a function of the JNC. It's funny Jay, Tara and my names are known all throughout the UAL system. Why, because we represented our pilots very well, some on your side interpret that as screw job because we weren't push overs.

Whats your name? Never mind you are an internet keyboard coward and would never post it.

Last edited:
Everybody knows who Andy is. :)

Well... some of us anyway. LOL ;) It's just a disagreement of opinion over where things have gone in union issues and he's still irritated. No reason to get personal. :beer:

.. we represented our pilots very well...

Come on Jason.. really? Now you're spilling sweet crap.
Have you meet the 4 corner stones that the CAL pilots were asking for?
Scope- your TA proposed 90 seaters.. it's a failure
Retro- no full retro.. it's a failure
Work rules- amongst the many, begging scheduling for release on the last DH, double pumping reserves, PBS that doesn't honor seniority, payrates that lag DL, etc.. only some of it is a success here

The ONLY reason this TA passed was due to fear (mainly on the UAL side), but NOT because it was a worthy of approval TA. So.. how well did you represent those pilots again?

Last edited:
Funny.. because IF the CAL side had over 60% yes voters, this would make the total count way more than 67% with so many UA guys already voting yes.. so unless you can somehow support this comment, im calling BS on it.

2nd of all, like i said before. This doesn't change the simple fact that the TA passed mainly due to fear conviniently spread by the union (and the company) instead of it actually being a worthy of a yes vote TA.. here is one of YOUR own quotes that shows how you played that fear card so well:

"I ask you to make this extremely inportant decision with your eyes wide open. I promise you that no matter what happens, Mr. Smisek, Fred Abbott, and Jackson Marting are going to be just fine either way, but how will your family fare if we are stuck working under a concessionary contract for possibly a long time to come?" (Jason Byron)

Well done Jason (the family sorrow card was a good choice on your part).. now how well did you represent those pilots again???
The least you could do is just simply own it (it's called business) and stop smearing BS excuses for what you and the union did, cause it's a bit nauseating to read.

TA passed on CAL side by over 60%.

That's interesting, both MC's told us the break down wasn't going to be available. FWIW, you might as well own pay banding also, after pounding your fist on the table threatening to drag out negotiations for 5 years if S-UAL didn't agree to it. At least you brought up the pay for 16 airframes (767-400) at the detriment of 133 airframes (757-200). If that's representing YOUR pilots I'm sure the EWR 757 pilots appreciate your effort. Or.........just another piece of the SLI argument?

Why are you so angry? If you are a Captain you don't show the qualities of a very good one. Is that how you treat your First Officers? It looks like your cockpit might be a very unplesant place. 4th Grader? You are the one with the name calling. People like yourself should not be part of any forum, every question will be a stupid question. I pray that your life be filled with joy or you are going to give yourself a heart attack.

Posts like this from 4th graders should be posted in the McDonalds Playground forum.

Latest resources

Back