• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Hiring Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that is what makes the difference, so far at least.

Those hired at LUAL with class dates have been called, those without class dates are still in limbo. Thanks again for the information!

Our MEC was briefed we are hiring 72 a month indefinitely. They have already had some in class as new hires that just interviewed in addition to those who were hired at CAL and UAL and put into a pool when both carriers stopped hiring after the last hiring period.

Jayson Baron
EWR CAL CA Rep

Other than some poolies being in class, I don't believe one bit of this post... I spoke with CV this morning actually. Where do you guys come up with this information, or should I say, misinformation?

I would like to see specific, in-writing information that off the street guys are currently interviewing, some are in class, and 72 a month indefinitely. When you post this in writing with valid confirmation, I'll swallow my words and apologize.

Other than some poolies being in class, I don't believe one bit of this post... I spoke with CV this morning actually. Where do you guys come up with this information, or should I say, misinformation?

I would like to see specific, in-writing information that off the street guys are currently interviewing, some are in class, and 72 a month indefinitely. When you post this in writing with valid confirmation, I'll swallow my words and apologize.

Good idea. Baron lied to this pilot group repeatedly about not giving ANY scope concessions to the company.

Now here we are and what do we have? Scope concessions.

Baron and his words aren't worth a bucket of warm spit.

You are right and he is wrong. There has not been one new hire interview on the CAL side. Don't ya' think it would have been on this board or APC if there was? Furthermore the IAH training center can not handle 72/month. UAL guys can correct me, but I have heard of no new hire training at DENTK. Don't forget that our MEC was also briefed the our total compensation in 2013 will be superior to DAL's. :erm:

I want to make sure I'm clear about how I feel about LCALALPA. After LOA 25, I think they're bigger scumbags than smallsack, fred, and the rest of mismanagement.

However, on this particular subject, I think the information is 'close enough' to being correct. The person I talked to who had a class date in 2008, now going through training, stated that he went through an interview. I didn't ask him how formal it was but he did state that he was interviewed before he started class. Hence the interview statement above.
The training department looked at buying offsite sim time more than 6 months ago so if they've acquired offsite sim time, they could easily increase training to 72/month.
The training department has been hiring and training quite a few 737 instructors. I don't recall the percentage increase but it was significant.

A few months ago, there was something that came out saying that LUAL would start recalling in January.
When I went through newhire training at UAL, class sizes were ~28/wk. DENTK can handle a LOT of training.

I tracked monthly retirements at LUAL for a few years after age 65 took effect. LUAL had 25-30 pilots/month turning 60, yet they only had ~1.4 retirements/month. The LUAL side will be short of pilots very quickly now that age 65 retirements are kicking in.

With normal retirements taking place, the combined company will need to build a large training pipeline. With every LUAL widebody retirement, you've got 3-4 training events. Every training event is going to take a minimum of 2 months from start of training to end of OE. Add in instructors and LCAs and you're looking at a need for somewhere on the order of 1000 pilot positions just for the training pipeline.

Have you been paying any attention to anything? I swear you are a half retarded 4th grader. I hope someone does finally hire you somewhere so these types of questions finally vanish... There are endless threads on all information and questions you have ever asked.
Why are you so angry? If you are a Captain you don't show the qualities of a very good one. Is that how you treat your First Officers? It looks like your cockpit might be a very unplesant place. 4th Grader? You are the one with the name calling. People like yourself should not be part of any forum, every question will be a stupid question. I pray that your life be filled with joy or you are going to give yourself a heart attack.

If I had to guess, starting early next year (around Feb maybe?) UAL will start hiring at a steady pace. The reason we have not seen anything yet is most likely due to the fact they were waiting to see if the JCBA would pass. Just my opinion; nothing official...

Andy,

The interview for poolies does not involve screening from a large stack of applicants. Going forward there will be a new interview process for Unical that has not been decided yet. Sorry I don't consider the poolies meet and greet interview 'close enough' esp when used to support the claim of 72 per month indefinitely. Hiring was coming irregardless of TA approval.

Andy,

The interview for poolies does not involve screening from a large stack of applicants. Going forward there will be a new interview process for Unical that has not been decided yet. Sorry I don't consider the poolies meet and greet interview 'close enough' esp when used to support the claim of 72 per month indefinitely. Hiring was coming irregardless of TA approval.

I agree with you that a formal interview process has not yet been implemented, which amazes me. They should have started formal interviews months ago.

I understand what you're saying about the poolie meet and greet.

I also agree that hiring was coming with or without the TA.

Latest resources

Back