United Hiring Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

outerfix

I heard that United will be hiring with pilots still on furlough. Do the new hires go to the CAL side until the lists are merged? When are the lists expected to be merged? Is SFO a junior base and how many years to hold a widebody F/O position. Is the payscale expected to improve?

Thanks

I heard that United will be hiring with pilots still on furlough.

Do the new hires go to the CAL side until the lists are merged?

When are the lists expected to be merged?

Is the payscale expected to improve?
Yes.

Yes, they are hiring to the CAL side.

The integrated list is about least six months away if the TA passes.

First year pay scales go from $30/hr to $60/hr if TA passes.

Last edited:
I have been here just under 6 years on the CAL side. Hired as a 777 FO but lost the seat. I just missed it in EWR on the last bid.

New hires have been going to the 737 and 757/767, so you could do international flying if you got hired. Unlikely you would see much of the 767, though.

Once we merge, I imagine you would be at the bottom behind all the UA-side furloughed guys. How they put them into the final list is anyone's guess.

I heard that United will be hiring with pilots still on furlough. Do the new hires go to the CAL side until the lists are merged? When are the lists expected to be merged? Is SFO a junior base and how many years to hold a widebody F/O position. Is the payscale expected to improve?

Thanks

Don't do it. We now suck more than anything has ever sucked before.

I imagine you would be at the bottom behind all the UA-side furloughed guys.
You would imagine correctly.

"TPA 7-B (iii) All Pilots hired by the employing Airline after the Merger Agreement Date who are not Pilots employed pursuant to this Section 7-B will exercise their seniority for all purposes junior to all Pilots who were on either seniority list prior to the Merger Agreement Date."

Last edited:
Don't do it. We now suck more than anything has ever sucked before.
Yea, but we're going to vote this TA in so we can get this division behind us and unify to fight another day--and that day would be Dec 15, 2017.

Last edited:
Or 2023...

"American and its pilots have been negotiating a new contract since 2006." - NYT

Latest resources

Back