• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UNITED changing name to United Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope all the Express guys get what we are after....

We do not want to take jobs away. However if UAL furloughs Pilots do to a reduction in MAINLINE airplanes and flights--to INCREASE RJ flying--THEN WE WILL FIGHT FOR LEFT SEAT JOBS FOR OUR FURLOUGHED BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

UAL is not going to finance those planes RAH and Skywest are. Since we are demanding things how about a little quid pro quo in exchange and I don't mean some preferential hiring scheme but something real like UAL #'s for every pilot that will be stuck in the right seat swinging gear until the flow backs return. Or is this just a "what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine" type deal?

That is what they did at NWA with Mesaba and Compass....seemed to work out well....until $130 barrell oil and the Delta Merger. Just has not needed to be brought up yet at United...but it looks like now it will be.

why would UAALPA consider letting anyone fly 190's instead of them?

It's amazing how you don't see that scope is the reason paycuts went so deep. LEARN SOMETHING!

Couldn't have said it better!! Why not fight to get those planes at mainline? You wouldn't be worrying about it right now if they were. The E-Jets should have never been allowed at the regionals, or any jet for that matter. Why should you be fighting for jobs at a regional that could grow at the expense of YOUR company and job losses?

I hope all the Express guys get what we are after....

We do not want to take jobs away. However if UAL furloughs Pilots do to a reduction in MAINLINE airplanes and flights--to INCREASE RJ flying--THEN WE WILL FIGHT FOR LEFT SEAT JOBS FOR OUR FURLOUGHED BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

I guess you forgot. Let me remind you. You and your predecessors SOLD those jobs for percieved job security. It's not the regional pilot's responsibility to take the fall because you were hoodwinked.

I guess you forgot. Let me remind you. You and your predecessors SOLD those jobs for percieved job security. It's not the regional pilot's responsibility to take the fall because you were hoodwinked.

I didn't sell anything.

Had a Skywest guy on a jumpseat spouting off how Skywest is ready to take over UAL flying when UAL goes Chap. 7. WITH WHAT??? an RJ?????

I have to laugh when Pilots (at any airline) say, "it's our flying!"

It doesn't matter who you fly for, it's the company's flying / shareholder's flying.

UAL is in a REAL bind this time, who do you think would lend them money to purchase new aircraft?

A: Nobody!!!

So who do you think has the finances to purchase / provide new flying?

A: SkyWest and RAH.

Until ALPA starts providing money for new aircraft, you guys don't own sh!t and neither does our Pilot group.

If you have ever worked outside of the airlines, you would know what the real world looks like - it's not pretty!

The best thing you guys can do is get the best deal for your furloughees because they are going to ram this down your throats so fast (this fall/winter) that your heads will spin. But you're not alone, because we will hardly be the winners either. Mngt will package this to hurt us also - nobody will be happy.

where did skywest and rah get their money? guaranteed profits who's entire purpose is to break the unions and the concept of seniority.

It's the shareholder's planes? ok. Do airplanes fly w/o pilots? Scope clauses exist to protect all airline pilots careers-- you getting more jets will do nothing but prolong your career at a 'regional'. Get those jets on mainline property and your major career starts that much sooner. Scope is everything.

What we OWN?

Well...WE DO OWN OUR UAL-ALPA

Pretty much 100% of the UAL guys are pretty VOCAL this time around when it comes to FURLOUGH TALK.

I have to laugh when Pilots (at any airline) say, "it's our flying!"

It doesn't matter who you fly for, it's the company's flying / shareholder's flying.

UAL is in a REAL bind this time, who do you think would lend them money to purchase new aircraft?

A: Nobody!!!

So who do you think has the finances to purchase / provide new flying?

A: SkyWest and RAH.

Until ALPA starts providing money for new aircraft, you guys don't own sh!t and neither does our Pilot group.

If you have ever worked outside of the airlines, you would know what the real world looks like - it's not pretty!

The best thing you guys can do is get the best deal for your furloughees because they are going to ram this down your throats so fast (this fall/winter) that your heads will spin. But you're not alone, because we will hardly be the winners either. Mngt will package this to hurt us also - nobody will be happy.

Don't be so confident of your comments....there is alot of negotiating on this right now. There is more on the table than you realize.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back