• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UNITED changing name to United Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You should hope ALPA keeps screwing up, save yourself the heartburn.

Why would I hope that? Unlike you I realize that it hurts everyone....I do expect them to continue screwing it up however.....

Are you saying you've either voted NO or not voted on a single contract since you've been there? If so, I'm tragically mistaken. Congratulations on doing your part to protect the profession. I guess you can blame your co-workers/predecessors for selling the profession out. They sold MY ability to get to mainline for a few trinkets, and now they want to take even more from the new guys in the profession - their left seats in a thriving regional.

I hope you kicked that SkyWest guy in the babymaker. If not, PM me his name and I'll do it for you if I ever see him.

How did they sell your ability to get to mainline?...We had several skywest folks in our newhire United class....

It would be interesting to see how ALPA could justify serving two masters, exacting jobs for the mainline while usurping the senioirty and contract provisions at their represented regionals.

Check it... peep Compass.

How did they sell your ability to get to mainline?...We had several skywest folks in our newhire United class....

OK, I'll rephrase. Those mainline pilots sold out the profession by selling future pilot positions (worth millions per position) to the company for percieved job security and a few thousand bucks a year.

During this last hiring round I would have been considered for an interview because there would have been many more positions available. I may well haver screwed it up, but at least I would have had a shot.

Most people here get it. My feeling is that the majority of those at the regionals and the junior guys at the majors get it. Between those two groups don't we have the numbers to stage a takeover of ALPA? We could put together a grassroots effort to elect a slate of candidates whose #1 priority is fixing scope.

I have a few ideas of what the slate would support but that's for another thread at some point.

Most people here get it. My feeling is that the majority of those at the regionals and the junior guys at the majors get it. Between those two groups don't we have the numbers to stage a takeover of ALPA? We could put together a grassroots effort to elect a slate of candidates whose #1 priority is fixing scope.

I have a few ideas of what the slate would support but that's for another thread at some point.

I am IN!! :beer: SCOPE is a huge issue that needs to be fixed ASAP.

Dashtrash and Superpilot,

If you don't mind....How would you two "fix" scope at this point? Go ahead and lay it out....

Dashtrash and Superpilot,

If you don't mind....How would you two "fix" scope at this point? Go ahead and lay it out....

Staple everyone at ASA/CMR below every Delta pilot and start the flow back/flow up program. Of course the flow ups would have to be qualified......
Sorry Joe, that doesn't include you! But then again, you could always sue to get what you can't have!;)

I would like to see the major ailrines integrate by DOH with all the regionals.

Just absorbed them and furlogh what you do not need.

Start now!

think about that for a bit- if you're still confused i'll lay it out for you--

there's 2200 pilots over there that could explain it to you pretty well if you dont want to hear it from me.

Latest resources

Back