United and Delta...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can't Wait....

How is the General going to spin this one?
That guy can put a smiley face on anything!

-Never really liked having my butt vacant anyway....
-My cornhole was feeling a bit lonely of late......
-Wow-I didn't really fancy the idea of being able to sit down for about two weeks anyhow....
-Well, it ain't really butt rape if I'm still smiling-is it?

-Not that I am happy to see this stuff go down, but General-honestly, denial ain't just a river in Egypt....

How is the General going to spin this one?
That guy can put a smiley face on anything!

-Never really liked having my butt vacant anyway....
-My cornhole was feeling a bit lonely of late......
-Wow-I didn't really fancy the idea of being able to sit down for about two weeks anyhow....
-Well, it ain't really butt rape if I'm still smiling-is it?

-Not that I am happy to see this stuff go down, but General-honestly, denial ain't just a river in Egypt....

Here is part of the actual memo sent to our employees. Does it mean it is the absolute truth? Maybe not, but it is an emphatic statement that refutes everything that AP article stated.

"First,there are currently no discussions going on with any carrier,” the memo says. “Contrary to some media reports this afternoon, we are not in discussions with United Airlines. But, as we’ve said all along, we will review all strategic options. It may be that the right consolidation transaction could generate significant value for our shareholders and employees. It is our responsibility to maintain our leadership position in the airline industry. With oil at over $90 a barrel, this analysis takes on a heightened importance as we factor those prices into our long-term planning.” Richard and Ed say that in the event that consolidation is appropriate for Delta’s employees and shareholders, “We won’t enter into any transaction with another airline unless we have seniority protection for Delta people. Furthermore, if there is to be industry consolidation, Delta is in a position to participate as an acquirer. In short, we are not for sale.”

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yall should DEFINELTY believe EVERYTING your company says to you considering the last few years of interactions.

I would rather have an "unemotional" CEO who actually knows something about making money in this industry--which we have with Anderson--than another who puts on a good face to Congress, while he acquires massive debt to buy scores of RJs, fly 777s to Orlando and Tampa, and generate multimillion dollar payouts to execs who leave just before the BK filing--all which happened on Leo Mullin's watch.

Wasn't defending Mullin. Never was a fan. My point was about Anderson's body language and responses to the committee. However I've always been a fan of Bethune, and his performance in front of the committee made Anderson look pretty bad in comparison.

Last edited:
Where do you come up with that last statement? Are you sure about that? Sounds like you followed your clowns at Indy Air right into the ground. Anderson made the statement that he and Delta are not engaging in talks with UAL, but are looking at strategic possibilities that could help Delta. I think you are still smarting about your crash and burn at Indy Air.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No GL I'm still smarting about the treatment I received from NWA when I worked there. After my experiences there, I wouldn't believe anything any executive says that works there, or anyone who spent a large amount of time there. I learned the hard way not to believe a thing they say, but what they do. They play a very hard game, and will screw the employees at every turn. If you don't think Anderson will screw over every employee to enrich himself and the shareholders then you're really swilling way too much of Anderson's kool aid. The die was cast for DL when the Board chose Anderson over Grinsteins hand picked successors.

As for the Indy Air crack, as a rule I never wish any ill on anybody (even Mesa) because I know what its like to go through strikes, and have the rug pulled out from under you when can least afford it. However General I will make an exeption in your case. To all the other DL folks, I wish nothing but the best for you, even though I think Anderson will prove to be nothing but a snake in the grass. General, for you I wish nothing but the worst when Anderson gives you guys the screw, hopefully a nice staple from UAL.

General, you truly are a discredit to your profession.

No GL I'm still smarting about the treatment I received from NWA when I worked there. After my experiences there, I wouldn't believe anything any executive says that works there, or anyone who spent a large amount of time there. I learned the hard way not to believe a thing they say, but what they do. They play a very hard game, and will screw the employees at every turn. If you don't think Anderson will screw over every employee to enrich himself and the shareholders then you're really swilling way too much of Anderson's kool aid. The die was cast for DL when the Board chose Anderson over Grinsteins hand picked successors.

As for the Indy Air crack, as a rule I never wish any ill on anybody (even Mesa) because I know what its like to go through strikes, and have the rug pulled out from under you when can least afford it. However General I will make an exeption in your case. To all the other DL folks, I wish nothing but the best for you, even though I think Anderson will prove to be nothing but a snake in the grass. General, for you I wish nothing but the worst when Anderson gives you guys the screw, hopefully a nice staple from UAL.

General, you truly are a discredit to your profession.

I guess you don't understand ALPA or any carrier that belongs to ALPA. There would never be a staple between two ALPA carriers. Please read more about pilot unions before making silly comments like the above. You need to stick to serving peanuts.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back