• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union: Delta wants to cut pilot jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe someday you will finally understand YOU CAN'T PAY PILOTS MAINLINE WAGES TO FLY RJ's. Scoping out 70+ seat markets to be flown by mainline is one more aspect of high operating expenses that is contributing to financial imbalances. I don't like it but at least I accept the economics of it and its impact on business. There are only two solutions. Control operating costs through labor and overhead, or raise ticket prices. We know they won't and can't do the foremost and remain competitive. Scope is nothing more than an ego driven measure.

Yes you most certainly did have a say. It's called your vote, and Delta south types keep voting Lee "rj's are good for Delta" Moak into office. How long has he been there despite his scope givebacks??

Capt. Moak, along with the rest of the MEC are elected thru the LEC. We do have the voice to change who represents our LEC. And trust me, our LEC do know what's at stake. Just ask them when they were flooded with email and phone calls couple months ago when that LOA was signed by Moak. Most of us aren't very patient, and enough is enough.

Maybe someday you will finally understand YOU CAN'T PAY PILOTS MAINLINE WAGES TO FLY RJ's. Scoping out 70+ seat markets to be flown by mainline is one more aspect of high operating expenses that is contributing to financial imbalances. I don't like it but at least I accept the economics of it and its impact on business. There are only two solutions. Control operating costs through labor and overhead, or raise ticket prices. We know they won't and can't do the foremost and remain competitive. Scope is nothing more than an ego driven measure.

Do we have a new flamebaiter?

We have mainline payscales for the CRJ00 and EMB190 should they ever hit property...and they will be flown by mainline pilots. Everyone should take time out of thier day to email your rep and let them know on no uncertain terms that if they choose to support Moak in more scope relief that they will be voted out in the next elections. Ditto on the sentiment for our "north" brothers, the more pissed off people we have VOTING....the better (and i do mean that in the best of ways)...

Maybe someday you will finally understand YOU CAN'T PAY PILOTS MAINLINE WAGES TO FLY RJ's. .

You could if all RJ pilots were paid the same "mainline wages." Then there would be an even playing field for all companies, with no underbidders.

We have mainline payscales for the CRJ00 and EMB190 should they ever hit property...and they will be flown by mainline pilots. Everyone should take time out of thier day to email your rep and let them know on no uncertain terms that if they choose to support Moak in more scope relief that they will be voted out in the next elections. Ditto on the sentiment for our "north" brothers, the more pissed off people we have VOTING....the better (and i do mean that in the best of ways)...

Mainline wages that are less than my current contract wages at ASA? Interesting concept, the regional pays better than pap D? I guess I will buy your beer !!! HAHA

Mainline wages that are less than my current contract wages at ASA? Interesting concept, the regional pays better than pap D? I guess I will buy your beer !!! HAHA

That's great and all, but you can't move up to a larger aircraft. You are stuck, whereas our rates would keep Captains at the 100 seater type for awhile, and then move UP, making more. We could go from an E190 etc(if we ever got one) to a 777. You are stuck where you are, FOREVER. Enjoy it moron. HA HA HA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back