• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union: Delta wants to cut pilot jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a Delta North pilot, I can say I'm really not impressed with the Comair pilots and their attitude. Do they really not want good things to happen to Delta mainline or do they really want to stay at Comair for their career?
Let's face it $100,000 is an ok salary these days and 95% of Comair pilots don't make that much. I make about that and I'm just getting by with a family. I would prefer we all (SWA, United, American, Delta, and all 121 pilots) would make at least that much. What do the Comair pilots want for us to come DOWN to their level.

So much bitterness from the RJ lifers. Salivating at the thought of a furlough for those who had the perserverance and drive to make the leap.

No way to go through life, ladies.

Umm no :cool:

Besides, if you actually look at the upcoming retirements you will see that hiring will happen and in large numbers. Its going to be slow to start but its coming, you just have to look past your nose.

Hope you're right but suppose some wise in MGMT decides its better to not replace some of those retirees and push for scope relief on the new comers reducing further the available mainline jobs.

What's really funny is that my post was TIC before your's was, which could have also been TIC but probably not cause you're an idiot. Your company has already targeted about 300 of your pilots, and we haven't seen any threatened yet at mine. Enjoy PHL at 3am.

Bye Bye--General Lee

He'll enjoy looking at his paycheck at 3am! It looks better than yours does, even when you upgrade to submarine skipper.

The only savior I see to keeping Major jobs alive is pay cuts and scope relief. Its just a matter of time before MGMT pushed hard enough on the open wounds of "reductions" to make us squeal. Not what I had planned for ten years in the business. But seems its the way it will go.

Let me think about this for a second----UMMMM NO. Scope relief? RJs have ruined this industry. And, again, we supposedly will be profitable this year---primarily because oil is a lot cheaper than last year.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
He'll enjoy looking at his paycheck at 3am! It looks better than yours does, even when you upgrade to submarine skipper.

Are you talking about the guys who were hired on the Whale (from Polar etc) and went straight to ANC, and now are plumbing on the DC8, as they are now being parked? Yeah, those guys are ecstatic. I bet they are having a ball in PHL at 3am....... Networ King is right there with them, and that is why he is considering coming back to Delta when there is an open class. Read his post.
I bet you wish you had the same options..... although you Brownstain do have some--CAE at 3am or RFD. Enjoy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

If you are getting profit sharing as a Comair pilot, then that is coming out of the pockets of Delta pilots. That WILL stop.

If we are all making money I don't have a problem sharing the wealth. If Delta pilots are not getting profit sharing, connection pilots are not either.

Does somebody want to bring this up on the DALPA board? Might bear investigating.

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Puff, all I have to say is FFD, and a guaranteed margin. Regional's love it. It is where our mainline paychecks went.

1.You cashed those profit sharing checks when you were at ASA...why didn't you donate them to the poor Delta pilots?

2. Mainline pay and benefits have been cut in half over the past 10 years....Most of that isn't going to the regionals....

3. Comair is owned by Delta....It's the same company.....of course DALPA is the one that argued that they are separate.....

Let me think about this for a second----UMMMM NO. Scope relief? RJs have ruined this industry. And, again, we supposedly will be profitable this year---primarily because oil is a lot cheaper than last year.

Bye Bye---General Lee

ONCE AGAIN, FOR THE GENERAL.......

-Think about your statement-

An annual profit (which will not materialize,) based entirely on the price of oil....... GREAT business plan, there-chief! RA and Steenland are such retards! (Unfortunately, these morons' compensation is NOT dependant on the price of oil or their performance.)

-Here's hoping for $25/barrel, toolbag.

Latest resources

Back