Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

www.

SoCo Guy
If you are so unhappy with ASA buying your airline here is an option to happiness!

ERJ145 Captains (Upgrade to the EMB190) - PAID FOR BY THE AIRLINE

* Upgrade from the ERJ145 to the EMB190 aircraft - PAID FOR BY THE AIRLINE
* EMB190 Captains are also required
* Compensation: $152,000 USD/year + Overtime

Reply to this email with:

Your Full Name: ___________________

Phone No.: (including country code) ___________________

Your ERJ PIC flight time: ___________________

If you know of any ERJ145 or EMB190 Captains that would like either of these opportunities, please forward this email to them or have them contact us at [email protected]. We need your help!

I don't think anyone is "unhappy with the buyout". I'm glad that SkyWest, a company with cash in the bank and some of the smartest businessmen in management at our level in the industry in charge at SKYW. I would say a lot of guys are very unhappy with ASA pilots low expectations for our next contract. The "we don't wanna hurt the company crowd". None us want to hurt the company! But you get the most you possibly can in contract negotiations. If the company can't afford it, I guarantee you they won't approve of it! None of us are voting yes to an overall package we see as a step backwards, I can tell you that much.

If you are so unhappy with ASA buying your airline here is an option to happiness!

ERJ145 Captains (Upgrade to the EMB190) - PAID FOR BY THE AIRLINE

* Upgrade from the ERJ145 to the EMB190 aircraft - PAID FOR BY THE AIRLINE
* EMB190 Captains are also required
* Compensation: $152,000 USD/year + Overtime

Reply to this email with:

Your Full Name: ___________________

Phone No.: (including country code) ___________________

Your ERJ PIC flight time: ___________________

If you know of any ERJ145 or EMB190 Captains that would like either of these opportunities, please forward this email to them or have them contact us at [email protected]. We need your help!

Do they want my bank account number as well? I'm not buying this. Doesn't pass the sniff test.

I don't think anyone is "unhappy with the buyout". I'm glad that SkyWest, a company with cash in the bank and some of the smartest businessmen in management at our level in the industry in charge at SKYW. I would say a lot of guys are very unhappy with ASA pilots low expectations for our next contract. The "we don't wanna hurt the company crowd". None us want to hurt the company! But you get the most you possibly can in contract negotiations. If the company can't afford it, I guarantee you they won't approve of it! None of us are voting yes to an overall package we see as a step backwards, I can tell you that much.

You see it as "low expectations" when we have more MOUs and LOAs showing we have the ability to work with the management. As for the "hurt the company crowd", it has to do with thinking in a different mind set. This industry, at our level of service, is not the same as it was 10 years + ago. The market will only allow a 50 seat capt. to make so much an hour. So you find value in other ways. Find soft money.

I guess you haven't learned......never say never. I think you've been at this crossroad before.

Do they want my bank account number as well? I'm not buying this. Doesn't pass the sniff test.

Yes it is legit - through a contract agency that specializes in China contracts.

Can't talk specifically to this contract, but I have several friends who have flown, or are currently flying in China. Most report that pay is as good as promised and arrives on the promised date. Cost of living varies based on where in China you live, but overall runs lower than you will see here in the USA. The stress comes from dealing with China airspace issues and FOs who don't speak English and have limited flight time.

But China is where the money is for right now, and the foreseeable future.

You see it as "low expectations" when we have more MOUs and LOAs showing we have the ability to work with the management.

Depending on your point of view the definition of "work(ing) with the management" can vary anywhere between being "beneficial" to being "bent over".

Latest resources

Back