• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unhappy ExpressJet Pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's true. Skywest/ASA were able to underbid us and we got stuck with the CPA they negotiated. Not much of a rescue when they were responsible for putting a whole below the waterline though.

And what did you think Jerry and CAL were going to do? Invite you over for tea?

History does repeat itself. Look at Airtran and SWA. Herb, and now GK, have always meant what they said. Morris Air, Midway etc... Jerry is apart of that same cloth.

The express jet pilot contract is a very small part of doing buisness, you guys need to look up Macro Economics some day. This sounds just like the argument that the United pilots contract put them in trouble, if that were true after two bankruptcies that gutted that contract the airline should have been immediately thriving which clearly did not happen. Bad management will always tell you it is because your contract is to blame and pilots always believe it. We truly are our own worst enemies.

I agree, bad management. Just like GM, Chrysler and the UAW. Management gave and gave and gave until the product couldn't pay for the overhead.

If I hear one more asa retard say the pilots are the reason for expressjet losing money I am gonna throw up, if u believe it just shut the f up

1. Nope, Speed...., I mean wwww., that's not really it.

2. You see, in 2008, somebody (SKW) broke it (XJT). Later, they (SKW) were allowed to buy it (XJT).

3. Good point, but remember that just like UAL in your example, most employees as well as lower level management took concessions. NOT just the pilots.

1. It's Peggy! I thought we got past this already.

2. So you still think that you could have survived when CAL pulled all those ERJs from their colors? Yeah..Right.

There is a great deal of info in the SEC reports for XJT over the last 5 to 7 years along with the lack of long term flying. Yep your former management was a very large part of the problem and they are gone now. A shift in tactics might be smart right about now. I don't think this management team will go down the same path as your former one.

And what did you think Jerry and CAL were going to do? Invite you over for tea?

History does repeat itself. Look at Airtran and SWA. Herb, and now GK, have always meant what they said. Morris Air, Midway etc... Jerry is apart of that same cloth.

Just pointing out that your assertion is incorrect. Our contract wasn't the reason why we were losing money. We have a cost plus CPA. JA came in a changed that CPA with assumptions we would take 16% pay cuts to bring us down to the average SKY/ASA pilot compensation. It really wasn't after that that we started bleeding money in our CPA flying.

I agree, it was perfect whipsaw by JA just like others of his same rag.

So you still think that you could have survived when CAL pulled all those ERJs from their colors? Yeah..Right.

There is a great deal of info in the SEC reports for XJT over the last 5 to 7 years along with the lack of long term flying. Yep your former management was a very large part of the problem and they are gone now. A shift in tactics might be smart right about now. I don't think this management team will go down the same path as your former one.

We did find flying for those airplanes. It's all in those SEC filling you claim to have read. In fact, we were in the middle of securing the USAir flying that Skywest just got up until they killed that when the buyout was in progress.

Yes, we would have been fine IF Skywest wouldn't have whipsawed our CPA with CAL in 08.

Last edited:
I am quite senior and don't usually post but how stupid do you have to be to spout that bs? No pilot group causes financial problems management does. Again I don't want to flipping hear it. You are only hurting the whole pilot group by being so stupid, so just shut up!!!

You think CAL gives a toss about the employee contract of a contractor? They care about the bottom line. Perhaps your cost-plus CPA was costing too much and CAL was looking for an alternative. The branded flying was definitely NOT a sustainable business model.

Your scow was sinking whether you want to admit it or not. Jerry threw you a lifeline. He went to CAL and said, "I think I can save her." I'm sure CAL replied, "What's in it for us?" Of course Jerry was interested in the salvage rights - he's a friggin' business man. Now you're pissed off because he didn't give you the Queen Mary.

Here's a news flash, my friends. ALL regionals are being squeezed right now. You XJT peeps are in a much better place than you would have been. But now you want to piss on the guy that threw you a lifeline?

I say piss on anyone that doesn't want to be treated better than we have been lately. Jerry didn't throw anyone a lifeline. He saw a chance to make money. Expressjet pilots see a chance to improve their lives with a new contract. Same thing!!!! Nothing Personal in either case, both just trying to get what is best for themselves!!! I don't even work for Expressjet (well at least until they change the name). I think I would rather though, at least those guys have some balls!!! Seems like Joe Merchant is leaking management blue juice into the coffee maker and the ASA pilots are slamming it down their throats!!!

Latest resources

Back