• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Uncle Jerry's Visit to The ASA Crew Rm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who the heck are you taking a poke at? You are the coward who lacks the testicular fortitude and conviction of beliefs to stand up and be counted in the crew lounge.

This is FI. Your opinion means exactly jack $hit until you stand up and tell people what you believe in a real life forum, like the crew lounge or an MEC or LEC meeting.

RIght now you are just another cowrdly, sniping, Flight Info jerkoff.

More attacks from the ALPA elitists. Disagree with ALPA, and you will be accused of being a cowardly sniping FI jerkoff, by a cowardly sniping FI ALPA flagwaver.

hmmm. lets see....I recall mgmt. asking for something like 8% reduction for 700 ca. and a single rate for all fo's (could have been more but, I don't really remember). I also recall ALPA asking for something like 12 or 13 % rate increases (also could have been more...I'm trying to be a little conservative).

By that logic, management should have asked for a 20% decrease in pay rates so they could thump their chest and say they moved more. Yes, if you want to look at it that way, management moved more. They only moved, however, because they realized that they had no justification for pay cuts when we're making record profits and giving BL $800,000 in stock.

By that logic, management should have asked for a 20% decrease in pay rates so they could thump their chest and say they moved more. Yes, if you want to look at it that way, management moved more. They only moved, however, because they realized that they had no justification for pay cuts when we're making record profits and giving BL $800,000 in stock.

1. BL didn't get $800,000 in stock. He got stock options - that isn't the same as getting stock. With options, you basically only get the appreciation of the stock, not the value of it. It bothers me that the union puts out misleading information about the stock options. Either they don't understand the difference, or they are purposely trying to get people upset.

2. Do we have a justification for still asking for a retirement plan, the best instructor section in the industry, and 70 seat rates that higher than most of our competitors? Both sides are playing this game and it is getting old.

3. How do you define "record profits". How does our profit margin compare to 5 years ago? Here's a hint, it is far less.

then by the same token, alpa should have asked for a 50% increase....any more silly comments?

The fact is BOTH sides began at a point that NEITHER thought was attainable so they would have "room to move" during negotiations. Another FACT is alpa has NOT moved much AT ALL. And in my opinion, alpa is being unresonable. Not totaly but 10 1/2 % AIN'T GONNA FLY (neither is retirement) although, retro or a signing bonus just might.

Both sides started with unreasonable demands. Both sides dragged their feet at various times. Both sides have played loose with the facts. That is the way the game is played. However after 4+ years it is time to quit playing games. The pilots have been patient, but that patience is quickly fading.

Both sides started with unreasonable demands. Both sides dragged their feet at various times. Both sides have played loose with the facts. That is the way the game is played. However after 4+ years it is time to quit playing games. The pilots have been patient, but that patience is quickly fading.
ditto.

Man, you shouldn't admit that. Because after your endless and pointless tirades and childlike temper tantrums, you should maybe have an excuse for acting like a total moron.

What is your excuse bonehead?

Maybe you're a drug user, that might explain some of it?

Maybe you are a child molester?

Maybe your parents were actually cousins? (you know the old saying "nothing like luvin when you're getting it from your cuzin")

Maybe your parents were never married making you a little ba$tard?

Maybe you forgot to put your helmet on when you played football?

Maybe you were the football teams equipment coach so you could see men naked?

Maybe your car has a muffler leak?

Maybe you liked your car so much you blew its engine?

Maybe it's just that you can't see the industry for what it is today and get out of the past? But if you said you were a cronic boozer that might explain some of your retarded comments.

Maybe you had JA give you personal instruction on the industry and you then became his boy?

You were so close to having an excuse, you've blown it again.....

Maybe you shouldn't share what you have blown lately?

AND JUST MAYBE YOU DESERVED THIS REPLY IN KIND!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
More attacks from the ALPA elitists. Disagree with ALPA, and you will be accused of being a cowardly sniping FI jerkoff, by a cowardly sniping FI ALPA flagwaver.

The difference between you and me, is that I will stand up in the crew lounge and tell people what I think, why I think it, and what I do on a daily basis to try and change this place for the better. I attend LEC meetings, I participate in the process.

I take the arrows from those who disagree, and I am happy to discuss the reasons behind why I support our current path.

I have stood in the crew lounge face to face with Brian Wilson and listened to one of his rants about how things should work. I have calmly tried to discuss why I believe that his view of the mgt/labor world we live in is wrong. I have never attked anyone in person. I listen, I discuss, and a value differing opinions.

The fact is, as much as I disagree with Brian, I have to say that I respect the fact that he will put his name to his opinion. I find him terribly misguided and his ideas of how a representative democracy is supposed to work is ridiculous IMHO. That being said, he will engage those he disagrees with, he will sign his name to rants, as evidnced by the letters dropped in our boxes in ATL and his silly V1 articles.

I can't say that for the rest of you. I am in the crew lounge a lot. Every once in a while someone will state opinion differing from the majority. Not very often though. I know differing opinions exist, and I am happy to discuss them. Which we should be doing. Often times some of the best ideas and solutions come from the dissenting opinion.

Once again, the difference between you and me (unless you are Brian) is that I put a name and face to my beliefs. I don't sit mute in the crew lounge and then run home and blaze away on the keyboard about how wrong the current leadership is. If you think it is broken, log off, volunteer, get involved and DO SOMETHING!

Once again, the difference between you and me (unless you are Brian) is that I put a name and face to my beliefs. I don't sit mute in the crew lounge and then run home and blaze away on the keyboard about how wrong the current leadership is. If you think it is broken, log off, volunteer, get involved and DO SOMETHING!
Pogue Mahone is your real name and you look a lot like Jerry Atkin? Sh!t! Who knew?!?!

1. BL didn't get $800,000 in stock. He got stock options - that isn't the same as getting stock.
There is a difference between options and a stock grant. My understanding Brian got his stock grant the same way I did, his just happened to be a lot bigger than my $1,000 grant.

Do we really know the 4 horsemen got the nomination 7 to 1? Wow and Yikes. Some folks may have nominated them simply to rock the boat and will vote differently.

Regardless of who wins, I think our contract is headed nearly the same place because I trust our Reps will Represent us. But after the contract we still need Representatives, most importantly for day to day business and we will probably be negotiating Preferential Bidding at some point.

Last night at a table full of pilots from other carriers, everyone seemed happy with Preferential Bidding. The junior guys said they got in open time to fix what they did not like with their awards.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back