• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Uncle Jerry's Visit to The ASA Crew Rm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I call BS. I challenge you to back this statement up.

According to Newie, they refused dialogue with SAPA because talking to SAPA is like talking to management. SAPA is not a union.

So does that mean you don't talk to management? You should never turn down an invitation to talk. You can control the information you give to them, you can send them a message, and you can listen. Actually if you really believe they are Skywest management, then what better opportunity to send a message to Skywest management.

I have heard from multiple reliable sources, including members of our ALPA team, that this was done under advice from ALPA national. Exactly what harm could have come from going out there and meeting with them?

Yes, DL is a factor in the equation but the guys in SGU are the ones we are negotiating with. They own us and thus the contract w/ DL.

As I stated in my post, its about gathering info. Take it or leave it...

The MEC might as well get their information from you and others on this board, as to get it from a bunch of MGMT flunkies like SAPA. Do your homework. GET REAL! Have you been to your fortune teller lately?

J.A. has been in the ATL crew lounge, why not get it straight from the horses mouth!

So does that mean you don't talk to management? You should never turn down an invitation to talk. You can control the information you give to them, you can send them a message, and you can listen. Actually if you really believe they are Skywest management, then what better opportunity to send a message to Skywest management.

I have heard from multiple reliable sources, including members of our ALPA team, that this was done under advice from ALPA national. Exactly what harm could have come from going out there and meeting with them?

I do talk to management. Every time they show their faces in the crew lounge.

"multiple reliable sources" please. Go ahead, name names. We'll go ask them if they said such.

I doubt that Newie needs national to tell him to ignore SAPA. He's pretty good at politics. I think he's smart enough to realize that talking to SAPA would be like a passenger asking a ramper if his flight is going to be on time.

Joey,

Are you going to run the CNC and MEC as First Lady from JoeyBunkport, FL. or from Camp David (Joey) in the Smokey Mountains?

I think some thanks are in order for ALPA. They actually gave the media down there something to do that day. I'm sure they all laughed their butts off as soon as ASA left. It's not all bad though, at least they got their day in the sun and a small moral victory. That is the unfortunate thing now a days, ALPA is limited to only being able to give moral victories and nothing much else. Maybe someday things will change but not in our lifetime. Oh I'm sure everyone still remembers the picketing. For most people it was probably like going to a carnival watching the clowns do their thing.

Are you a pilot?

Joey,

Are you going to run the CNC and MEC as First Lady from JoeyBunkport, FL. or from Camp David (Joey) in the Smokey Mountains?

Lynn must not be home if Little Johnny's online. When she get's home, she's going to spank him for embarassing her and take his computer away again.

Quit hiding behind a keyboard and come into the crew lounge so we can get some information from you! I want to know what the Jackson 5 stands for and how they think they can make a difference. We all know you are the Brains in the group! If you want my vote, then show your MUG and tell us your plan! Were you at Scott Hall's party last week?

Who gives a d@%n who's sleeping with who, for how long, from where, and why.......This isn't Days Of Our Lives for f*%k sake......

All I give a whop about is some desirable results- and a 10% raise on the 70 ain't it. Hey, if we ask for that we might as well up it to a 50% raise, that way we get more when we fly them out to park them in the desert or at the terminal for Skywest.

LJ, OJ, or BJ...............someone get the job done while there is still an ASA. I'd rather not be a career copilot here- which is how it's shaking down now.

Yes, DL is a factor in the equation but the guys in SGU are the ones we are negotiating with. They own us and thus the contract w/ DL.

As I stated in my post, its about gathering info. Take it or leave it...

Jerry was in the crew lounge, yesterday and maybe today. Why not bypass the lackies and get the message straight from the horses mouth!

"It's all about gathering INFO," hmmmm? You also have to assess the credibility of the source of info! Why not get it from the Wicked Witch of the West's Flying Monkeys?

Who gives a d@%n who's sleeping with who, for how long, from where, and why.......This isn't Days Of Our Lives for f*%k sake......

Apparently all of us do, since we read this crap all day.

All I give a whop about is some desirable results- and a 10% raise on the 70 ain't it. Hey, if we ask for that we might as well up it to a 50% raise, that way we get more when we fly them out to park them in the desert or at the terminal for Skywest.

Sounds good to me. Max Pay To The Last Day!!!!

LJ, OJ, or BJ...............someone get the job done while there is still an ASA. I'd rather not be a career copilot here- which is how it's shaking down now.

Quit whining and go apply to SkyWest

Latest resources

Back