• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Uncle Jerry's Visit to The ASA Crew Rm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Listen to John. He knows what he's talking about. He'll be our CNC chairman after Lynn wins. He's had "face time with the NMB".

And he'll sell out the ASA pilot group to protect his "top 10% earnings". The only thing he and Lynn care about is their own well-being and they'll sucker in anyone they can, then cave on a contract leaving us with no real improvements because thy're happy with things the way they are. The current ALPA team may be moving slower than we like, but it's a long process and at least they are fighting for improvements.

Anyone tell JA that he is full of sh!t? We all know that this is his union busting tactic. He is no better than Frank L@renzo! In fact, I think he may have passed up JO at Mesa for being a bigger POS than the rest! The fact that he can sleep at night is beside me.

Joe and Atl, you guys are so full of crap! You point your fingers at the Union and yet you have NO recourse. Yeah, the Jack@ss 5, mgmnt pawnes and would be the worst thing to happen for our pilot group here at ASA!

ASA pilots...Steer Clear of this group of people, they are for sure what mgmnt wants in there which would mean....WE WILL GET SCREWED!!! Don't lose the faith in our CNC. They meet with the mediator this week in DC and we will hear some good news.
UNITED WE MUST STAND!!!!

I call BS. I challenge you to back this statement up.

According to Newie, they refused dialogue with SAPA because talking to SAPA is like talking to management. SAPA is not a union.

That's not good enough for Joey! He thought he had something to stir up everyone but then you had to go and burst his little bubble. Look for more of this crap from joey, just like the mid-term elections coming up next week. Mud-slinging (I know, I do my share, save it) at it's best. jeoy, no matter what you say, a dialogue with SAPA is only talking to SKYW management.

VOTED IN FAVOR!
Member of the "DON"T VOTE for THE LJ COALITION" Committee.

Nobody is, nor is anybody advocating, "doing it for free". In fact, under our current 8 year old contract, I am in the top 10% of W2 earners in this country. That is far from free.

That being said, there is pressure on pay due to competition caused by de-regulation and fee for departure portfolio bidding wars. However it is ALPA carriers that have put more pressure on those rates than non-union Skywest.

And don't forget Joey and his older girlfriend, together, pull in a good chunk of change at ASA, over 200K together. No wonder he's content with status quo on pay!

VOTED IN FAVOR!
Member of the "DON"T VOTE for THE LJ COALITION" Committee.

Are you a pilot?

Yes I am . I am simply pointing out that in my opinion there are much better ways to get things done than picketing. does it really accomplish anything? do you think anyone even remembers the events of the day? Has skywest suffered at all as a result of the picketing? Does anyone even remember the full page ad taken out in the paper? I am just saying ALPA should not waste their times on such activities. That is all. There is no need to take a paycut when your making money but there is also no need to try and break the bank either. Meet in the middle and I guarantee you all your dreams will come true.

Quit hiding behind a keyboard and come into the crew lounge so we can get some information from you! I want to know what the Jackson 5 stands for and how they think they can make a difference. We all know you are the Brains in the group! If you want my vote, then show your MUG and tell us your plan! Were you at Scott Hall's party last week?

Yes, the Jackson 5 were at my party. Well, it wasn't really a party. It was more of a strategy session. If you really want to know what the J5 stand for call the CP office and I will be happy to fill you in.

Was there for the "road show" and actually met the man. For the most part he sat and listended to our grips about the ATL operations and stated that he is giving BL the resources needed to fix the operation w/ the mandate that it gets fixed and repair our reputation or he is out. This would explain the new rampers/equipment along w/ the C-concourse renovation.

He also reiterated that the CR7s that are going to SKW was done to lower ASAs overall cost structure. The CR9 went to SKW due to the inability to achieve a cost competative contract in a timely manner. Any new flying that is up for RFP that includes the CR7/9 would be bid for SKW and not ASA b/c at present we are not competative in those markets.

JA made the statement in the SLC crew lounge that Delta Management told ASA management to slow the negotiations at ASA as much as possible. Now he is saying that we can't get growth because of not negotiating a cost competitive contract in a timely manner. He is accustomed to TELLING his pilots what their kiddie contract will be and that doesn't take long. He just sends the Chief Pilots and SWAPA to the crew lounge to sell it. He is either a liar or a fool.

You think everything he says is the truth? He wants your money in his pocket. He will NOT be able to take it unless you you give it to him without a fight! Show some gumption! The guys that want a contract NOW are the ones who will give anything to get the PIC time and then leave. Their self-serving motives will make this another MESA! Lead, follow or the out of the way of those who can!!!!!

JA made the statement in the SLC crew lounge that Delta Management told ASA management to slow the negotiations at ASA as much as possible.

You think everything he says is the truth? He wants your money in his pocket.
first statement: I soeriously doubt JA made a statement like that in his private office, much less in a public place.

second statement: Sounds eerily similar to ALPA.

You think everything he says is the truth? He wants your money in his pocket. He will NOT be able to take it unless you you give it to him without a fight! Show some gumption! The guys that want a contract NOW are the ones who will give anything to get the PIC time and then leave. Their self-serving motives will make this another MESA! Lead, follow or the out of the way of those who can!!!!!

Was he telling the truth, maybe. Is the MEC telling us the whole truth, also maybe. The spin from both sides is so great that the whole truth is somewhere down the middle. I want a contract that is both fair and sustainable. One that will keep me AND the company viable/competative for the long haul. What I don't want is a token contract (Comair) that was not sustainable and will have large modifications done to it. Dump retirement and come off some of these other insane demands and get it done.

By the way, I believe that I and the pilot group have been very patient through this four+ year tragedy. That is why I want a contract NOW.

Latest resources

Back