• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Uncle Jerry's Visit to The ASA Crew Rm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As for the CNC, they must adjust the negotiating strategy to that of our new owners. The quicker they realize that we are not negotiating w/ DL the better off we will be. ALPA has spent allot of tx in SLC for the union drive but have they talked w/ SAPA on negotiating tactics and strategy or simply tell the pilot group to sign here?

When Skywest purchased ASA, SAPA tried to start a dialogue with the ASA MEC. The ASA MEC did not accept the offer under advisement from ALPA national. This was partly due to advice from the UAL MEC which is not a big fan of SAPA because SAPA didn't bend over and give United pilots any super seniority when they hired furloughed United pilots.

When Skywest purchased ASA, SAPA tried to start a dialogue with the ASA MEC. The ASA MEC did not accept the offer under advisement from ALPA national. This was partly due to advice from the UAL MEC which is not a big fan of SAPA because SAPA didn't bend over and give United pilots any super seniority when they hired furloughed United pilots.

If this statement is true then this can be added to the long list of mistakes made by our current MEC. What harm could it have been to open a dialouge with the people that have negotiated w/ JA for years. Change has been made ot the national level and now change must be made at the local level.
I thank them for there service and getting us this far but four+ years is long enough...

Conoa, think of it as getting the latest intel on your opponent. You may not like the people you are getting this info from but having the info never hurt and may even help you in the long run.

A bit arrogant don't you think. W/o all those other little people none of the a/c we have left would ever leave the ground, late or on-time. Is the ATL operation perfect, no and far from it. Has there been improvements made in the last several months, yes. As the staffing levels come up and eq reliablity come up the operation will continue to improve.

As for the CNC, they must adjust the negotiating strategy to that of our new owners. The quicker they realize that we are not negotiating w/ DL the better off we will be. ALPA has spent allot of tx in SLC for the union drive but have they talked w/ SAPA on negotiating tactics and strategy or simply tell the pilot group to sign here?

Actually, Delta is in the picture! Salaries are a flow through cost according to articles posted about the marketing agreement. Skywest is not paying your salary.

SAPA is a puppet association, manipulated by MGMT. From what I have heard, the pilot group does not elect them; MGMT selects them.

Your correct that the longer we go, the more that percentage slips. However my pay would go up with the last offer from management - it wouldn't go down. There is more wiggle room to improve that offer even more, but it involves BOTH sides making some real moves. The longer we hold out for a 28% increase in payroll costs, the longer we all will go without a payraise.

Listen to John. He knows what he's talking about. He'll be our CNC chairman after Lynn wins. He's had "face time with the NMB".

Yes, DL is a factor in the equation but the guys in SGU are the ones we are negotiating with. They own us and thus the contract w/ DL.

As I stated in my post, its about gathering info. Take it or leave it...

I call BS. I challenge you to back this statement up.

According to Newie, they refused dialogue with SAPA because talking to SAPA is like talking to management. SAPA is not a union.

If this statement is true then this can be added to the long list of mistakes made by our current MEC. What harm could it have been to open a dialouge with the people that have negotiated w/ JA for years. Change has been made ot the national level and now change must be made at the local level.
I thank them for there service and getting us this far but four+ years is long enough...

I love it. No wonder y'all want to vote for the Lynn-Joe Merchant coalition. He comes on here and spewd total BS that he thnks he heard through the grapevine of his RJDC buddies, and y'all believe it without question.

Go ahead. Vote for Lynn and John. You can have them.

SAPA is not a union.

So What, that SAPA is not a union. Does that make us any better than them? If they have any information that can help us end this four year tragedy then so be it...

Latest resources

Back