• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ugly DAL/ASA rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just got back from a long 4 day and a lot has happened. I highly doubt this rumor, and I didn't hear anything about it in the ATL lounge or JFK lounge on this last trip. The only way I could ever see this happening through Dalpa is if our furloughs were given exclusive J4J rights to fly all seats on any new 100 seaters. I don't see Dalpa giving up on our furloughs---as seen through this last week when Dalpa actually stood up for what was "right" and requested the recalls for our furloughed pilots. Delta did look at the trigger numbers and agreed to a recall on Friday. The numbers should be negotiated next week for recalls---and I bet they will be around 30-50 a month. The rumor I liked was the new negotiator trying to negotiate the return of these furloughs in the NEW 70 seaters. That would be one place to put them....I won't be satisfied until TBKANE is back flying the line......

Bye Bye---General Lee;) :rolleyes:

I sure hope it is sooner than later, but I am not holding my breath as I am NOT protected by the no furlough clause!

General someday we WILL fly together, and I appreciate that you don't ever forget the furloughees.

FlyinT,

I guess you would do it for a lot less-----just to do it, huh? Whatever dude. I guess you would like to lower the bar. When management reads your post---they will all be "high fiving" eachother. Mainline jobs keep better benefits out there---and if you want to eventually have those---then you should apply whenever they start hiring again.

Bye Bye---General Lee:mad:

FlyinT said:
Anyone else wonder why the Delta MEC has to 'allow' us to fly bigger aircraft?

I think you answered your own question there. The key word being "Delta."

All Delta flying belongs to Delta pilots. They may choose, through relaxing their scope clause, to allow subcontractors to do less desirable flying on less desirable aircraft.

I would hope that the Delta MEC would state the obvious: 100-seat aircraft are quite desirable, thank-you very much.

allow subcontractors to do less desirable flying on less desirable aircraft.
Last time I checked, the cockpit in an rj looked a lot better than an MD-88! Where are these rj's going, hmmm, Canada, Mexico, Bahammas? Yeah, those routes suck!

C'mon Goggles, you gotta do better than that!

DrunkIrishman,

When the LCCs continue to grow and compete more with the RJs---the RJs will LOSE. Yeah, the CRJ has a nice cockpit and goes to Freeport----but so does Airtran on their 717s---and they are nicer and more comfortable. We need to have 100 seaters that are more comfortable on longer flights---the passengers demand it.

Bye Bye---General Lee;)

PS---one of my passengers today getting off my 767-300 was talking on the phone and told someone that she was going to go fly next on a "crop duster"----I asked her what she was going to fly on and she said "a C R J." You and I know that CRJs are nice planes---but most passengers think they are small and cramped.

DrunkIrishman said:
Last time I checked, the cockpit in an rj looked a lot better than an MD-88! Where are these rj's going, hmmm, Canada, Mexico, Bahammas? Yeah, those routes suck!

C'mon Goggles, you gotta do better than that!

That would mean something if passengers got to pilot the RJ, they don't. They have to ride in them.

;)

General Lee said:
PS---one of my passengers today getting off my 767-300 was talking on the phone and told someone that she was going to go fly next on a "crop duster"----I asked her what she was going to fly on and she said "a C R J." You and I know that CRJs are nice planes---but most passengers think they are small and cramped.

H*ll, I've been flying that toy for three years now and I think it's small and cramped, too. ;) Or am I the only one that keeps hitting their head on the battery master trying to climb into the cockpit - reminds me of flying Lears...

In the infamous words of my inestimable friend Paddy during CRJ initial as we walked into the hangar and saw the CRJ for the first time: "Awww, H*LL no, I'm gonna break this d*mn thing..." (Men In Black - tiny cricket). :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back