• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ugly DAL/ASA rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did hear some rumors from a training department guy last year about 100 seat aircraft at ASA. Well, that was a year ago, and it has not happened yet.

Would the DAL MEC give-up 100 seat flying to protect their industry-leading contract? Maybe, maybe not.

Sleepy,

The key here I believe is that Dalpa would give up the pay rates FOR THAT PARTICULAR PLANE---like they did with DL Express. In that situation they screwed the junior guys (pay wise) by creating a new DIVISION that paid less than the normal positions on the mainline 737s. But, they kept that flying within mainline. I believe they will negotiate a lower pay rate for any new 100 seater---and the furloughs will come back and fly them for a lot less. There might be a limited number of aircraft---like 100 of them. There is NO WAY Dalpa would give up on 100 seaters----not even if it cost them some money in their own senior pay. The plane would go junior, and the Capts would eventually go very junior as well. (like Express)

Lear70,

Yeah, I think it can get cramped back there in coach on 767s too---but the people who are paying the higher fares and FF's like the first class or business class on the ER's. And, atleast the coach passengers can bring their carry ons with them onboard, and use more than one bathroom. Hey, I think RJs are great for certain situations and city pairs---but not for flights more than 2 hours. Then everyone gets uncomfortable and might look for alternatives....

Bye Bye---General Lee:rolleyes:

General & Ranger,

The comments and this thread were about the pilot's perspective, not the passenger. All that "what's comfortable" to the passenger is for another thread. Bottom line is that if pay were the same, 7out of 10 of us would choose to fly the newer airplane. Do you really care about the size difference between a CRJ and an MD-88? I don't think it matters until you start comparing the CRJ to the 757 or larger, but that's just me. Now if you want to compare the CRJ to the 737-800, I'll take the 73; if it were a 737-200 and the pay was the same, I'd take the CRJ.

Hey, I think the CR7 is nicer than the 737-200---no doubt. I would rather fly the CR7 if the pay was the same. But, right now we need planes with more seats to make up the difference with the lower fares.......That was my point.....and people like to bring bags onboard and stow them above them.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Lear70 said:
H*ll, I've been flying that toy for three years now and I think it's small and cramped, too. ;) Or am I the only one that keeps hitting their head on the battery master trying to climb into the cockpit - reminds me of flying Lears...

The captains hit thier heads on the battery master and the FO's hit it on the Manual Altitude selector....I have a permanent indentation in my forehead....:rolleyes: :D

I'll take the 737-200 over the CRJ. The Boeing was a much better flying airplane. Didn't have any of the wild pitch excursions with flap extension or while on a coupled approach, Had slats (nuff said), and when the gear came down it didn't feel like the airplane had been struck by a missile!

Oh.. and need I even mention the circ-de-sole' acrobatics one has to do in order to be able to urinate in that tiny little lav?

Can't speak for the 70 seater, but the 50 is a wiggly-pig piece of crap. I blame the Canadians.

Nice cockpit. -- you can dress up a fat-chick and put makeup on her -- she's still a fat-chick.

FurloughedAgain said:
Didn't have any of the wild pitch excursions with flap extension or while on a coupled approach,

Are we being a bit dramatic, perhaps?

FurloughedAgain said:

Nice cockpit. -- you can dress up a fat-chick and put makeup on her -- she's still a fat-chick.

You know what they say...

Fat Chicks and CRJs, lots of fun to ride but you don't want your friends to catch you on one.

Wiggly-Pig

Sheriff,

You and I have been talking on this website for a few years now. You know me pretty well.

While I may be a bit dramatic at times i'm pretty honest about the flying characteristics of the airplanes i've flown.

I even raved about the Metro and the J31. If I tell you this thing goes on "wild pitch excursions" with flap extension (admitedly when near max flap speeds) and during coupled approaches, i'm not trying to pull one over on ya.

This thing is most definately a "wiggly-pig" in the truest sense of the word. Somewhere out there a British Aerospace engineer is weeping because he didn't think of it first. :D

All else being equal, i'll take the Boeing.

Re: Wiggly-Pig

FurloughedAgain said:
Sheriff,

You and I have been talking on this website for a few years now. You know me pretty well.

While I may be a bit dramatic at times i'm pretty honest about the flying characteristics of the airplanes i've flown.

I even raved about the Metro and the J31. If I tell you this thing goes on "wild pitch excursions" with flap extension (admitedly when near max flap speeds) and during coupled approaches, i'm not trying to pull one over on ya.

This thing is most definately a "wiggly-pig" in the truest sense of the word. Somewhere out there a British Aerospace engineer is weeping because he didn't think of it first. :D

All else being equal, i'll take the Boeing.

I was just giving you a hard time. My thought has always been that even for 25 Million they should have put a little more thought into the method of flap deployment.

As for the approach mode, with any wind it is a wise idea to move the seat all the way back unless you want to risk chipping your teeth on the oscillating yoke.

:D

As for me I would happily take any old steam gauge Boeing or Douglas over a CRJ. All the magenta lines and voodoo boxes are pretty, but there is no soul to it. Give me a old 727 or Stretch -8 any day.

Of course I am one of the goofy ones I guess. I missed my generation by about 50 years. The real fun would have been Connies and DC-6s to Hawaii in the Golden Years. You know, back when folks would have thought it inappropriate for a big, fat, nasty, trailer trash broad to wear flip-flops, terry cloth short-shorts, and a loose fitting tank top with her saggy mud flaps hanging out the side on to an airplane.

How's that for dramatic???;)

Furloughed,

I have one word for you and your Boeing, "hardover!" I'll take those wild rides on the CRJ anyday over my rudder sending me into the ground.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back