Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

180ToTheMarker

12 months of October
As we know, DAL wants 30% pay cuts for the pilots and the MEC has proposed 13.5%. Latest rumor was that the MEC said if DAL would accept 13.5% then they would allow ASA to fly 100 seaters!!! General, say it ain't so!

WTF are you posting this sh1t for??????? There are enough rumors around now!! Unless you can back up that crap with actual facts, figures or quotes from real persons, leave it off of here. Just more BS to pi$$ everyone off.

I'm one of the ones who's pissed....if we get 100 seaters, setlle in for the long haul here at ASA...I for one, don't plan on retireing here.

I agree this is flamebait. We need more to qualify this rumor.

Warning! Brain droppings ahead...

100-130 seaters will be a life saver for larger or growing carriers. Who gets them is a big if. Regional or Mainline? It is a critical question going forward.

How will a carrier remain competitive (or even survive) with a big U.S network without them? If DALPA thinks they can use 175+ seaters and limit DCI to less than 70 (I think that is the rule, I'm not sure), then there will be more contraction at Delta mainline. (Don't count the 737-200s, they are way too expensive to operate)

Yeah, Yeah, I know....LCCs are operating big aircraft below proper pay scale. But business is about reality, not what should be. Contrary to the General's thoughts, traditional negotiating tactics need to be modified to fit the situation. I would rather be a low seniority FO at Airtran than a low seniority FO at Delta with the current economic realities and negotiating atmosphere. The situation is more dire than folks realize. As the ship sinks the rats will eat until the water gets to them.

Growth will continue at DCI until they start to feel the heat from LCCs with EMB 190s or even B717s. Integrating 100-130 seaters into a fleet (regional or mainline) will be looked upon as a stroke of genius in 3-5 years. Not doing so will garantee, as a minimum, further mainline contraction and, eventually, stop growth at the regionals. We may see furloughs at regionals as the EMB 190 or B717 takes over point to point in smaller markets. Plan ahead.

End of brain dump.

FlyBoeingJets said:
I agree this is flamebait. We need more to qualify this rumor.

Warning! Brain droppings ahead...

100-130 seaters will be a life saver for larger or growing carriers. Who gets them is a big if. Regional or Mainline? It is a critical question going forward.

How will a carrier remain competitive (or even survive) with a big U.S network without them? If DALPA thinks they can use 175+ seaters and limit DCI to less than 70 (I think that is the rule, I'm not sure), then there will be more contraction at Delta mainline. (Don't count the 737-200s, they are way too expensive to operate)

Yeah, Yeah, I know....LCCs are operating big aircraft below proper pay scale. But business is about reality, not what should be. Contrary to the General's thoughts, traditional negotiating tactics need to be modified to fit the situation. I would rather be a low seniority FO at Airtran than a low seniority FO at Delta with the current economic realities and negotiating atmosphere. The situation is more dire than folks realize. As the ship sinks the rats will eat until the water gets to them.

Growth will continue at DCI until they start to feel the heat from LCCs with EMB 190s or even B717s. Integrating 100-130 seaters into a fleet (regional or mainline) will be looked upon as a stroke of genius in 3-5 years. Not doing so will garantee, as a minimum, further mainline contraction and, eventually, stop growth at the regionals. We may see furloughs at regionals as the EMB 190 or B717 takes over point to point in smaller markets. Plan ahead.

End of brain dump.

You one smart cookie.

Sounds like flame bait to me too. Let's say that you are accurate - how many 100 seaters would be permitted? I doubt the mainline guys would allow 100+ 100 seaters (like Jet Blue) to cut into their flying and their "security." What about the 1000+ furloughees out there? Would there be a j4j situation with the furloughees? There are soooooo many issues to work out.

I, for one, don't envy DAL's management either - there are a lot of constraints in this business. If DAL were a manufacturer, it could just pull up shop and move to China or Thailand.... The airline biz is a bit more difficult. Then again, secret offshore pension deals would make it a lot more palatable I suppose...

I'm sorry but anything over 70-seats are mainline aircraft period. The whole concept of 100 seat aircraft being a new idea is bizarre... The 737-500/600, the 737-300 & 717 are all 100/120 seat aircraft. The ERJ190 is 90ish seats....who cares?

There's no mystery...if DAL utilizes any of these aircraft they are operated by mainline pilots. (Ever notice there are never many CAL/AA/USAirways/UAL pilots & affiliates duking it out here...why is that? I like to think the world revolves around all things Delta but c'mon...where are they other guys?!)

And why the heck would we (or any major) give away 100 seat jet flying? That'd be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. That'd be like Comair/ASA giving away 50 seat jet flying!

Total flame bait.

I'm sorry but anything over 70-seats are mainline aircraft period. The whole concept of 100 seat aircraft being a new idea is bizarre... The 737-500/600, the 737-300 & 717 are all 100/120 seat aircraft. The ERJ190 is 90ish seats....who cares?

Not to mention the 732s DAL took out of the desert and is operating now. This is just a rumor. There are guys at the regionals that would rather be underpaid to fly 100 seaters here than to go to a real airline and get paid and treated fairly for what they do. If ASA does get 100 seaters it better be for the $200/hr that ML flies them for (less the concessions).
www.airlinepilotpay.com

Latest resources

Back