• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UALPA response to jumpseat threat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Rez, why do you always answer simple questions with more questions? Let's stop twisting this until you cream your panties - the UAL pilots are letting this inequality slide because it benefits them. Period, end of discussion. It's a shame that it came to this very public outburst from the UAX pilots to get it fixed; it would seem the UAL pilots would show more professionalism than they have. Enjoy your career kind sir.

Again, not sure why you are referring to me as a UAX pilot. I fly twin Cessnas.

Misunderstanding?

WHO IS YOUR DADDY?

Good afternoon,

Today I participated in a phone conference with UA's managment, MEC, and all the UAX JSC/MEC's. I will not get into too many details, but I think we have a solution to our problems regarding jumpseating.

Your efforts, and support in our campaign were successful in getting UA's attention. Unfortunately we were also successful in creating some misunderstanding, and ill will with some of the UA pilots. We will be drafting a letter to all of you (UAX) that will rescind the previous letter to UA ALPA's MEC. In the meantime, you may cease distributing the "Letter to United Pilots" to jumpseating pilots. Welcome them aboard, and let them know we have a workable solution for now that ALL UAX carriers were in agreement with.

There may still be hurdles, so I will ask your patience and understanding. I would also ask you not bombard me with emails asking questions about our solution as all of the details are yet to be determined. There will be more communication to follow in the next couple of weeks.

If you have any further troubles jumpseating on UAL, or UAX file a complaint in the normal fashion via the SAPA website.

Thanks again for all of your support.

Michael Macias
SkyWest Jumpseat Committee Chair

Sooo, who blinked? Things going back to the way they were supposed to be? I wonder.....
PBR

Word is they are going back paper jumpseat cards with the (CORRECT) priority listed on them. There are still issues to be worked out as to K-1 and K-2 priorities.

Hey Rez, why do you always answer simple questions with more questions?

Because it seems that many on both sides don't really understand the situation or each other.

Without understanding there can be no problem solving...

Sure everyone wants the results they want, but they don't seem to understand the realities and complexities of the situation...

So I ask questions... to provoke critical thought. Without critical thinking there can be no problem solving...

Recall the FedEx jumpseat issue a few years back... How did that get solved? Was there a war? retaliation?

Let's stop twisting this until you cream your panties - the UAL pilots are letting this inequality slide because it benefits them. Period, end of discussion.

More high road talk? How do you know that the UAL pilots are this way... your source? Or your opinion?

It's a shame that it came to this very public outburst from the UAX pilots to get it fixed;

Yes it is...

it would seem the UAL pilots would show more professionalism than they have.

Yes they could have..

Enjoy your career kind sir.

All right..

Again, not sure why you are referring to me as a UAX pilot. I fly twin Cessnas.

I fly twins too....

Perhaps we have more in common than not..

Just a thought.........

How about we fight MANAGEMENT and not each other?

Pilots vs Pilots....NO BUENO!

Word is an agreement was reached today to revert to using paper jumpseat forms which list the correct priority on them.

Latest resources

Back