• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UALPA response to jumpseat threat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Before I hand out any letters I make sure the gentleman I'm talking to isn't in the bottom 950, if so his problems are bigger than mine and handing a him such a letter would be extremely bad form.

I don't understand why the gate agents can't be made to follow a simple SOP. More than one jumpseater? Pull out the laminated SOP card, follow the instructions, send the correct jumpseater down the jetway! If they are so out of control that they can't be required to follow a simple procedure, then UAL's problems are bigger than we know.

Justanumber,

That would be to easy for ALPO to figure out. Notice that ALPO didn't suggest any idea's in solving the problem.
Typical Liberial minded thinking. Let guess ALPO is pro Obama????
B$tch and moan and say we can do better.
UAL ALPO put your money were your mouth is and FIX THE PROBLEM. What did it take a good 1 hour to write this letter? 1 hour less in fixing the problem.
You guys were the ones that turned and faced in the wind when you pissed. You clean it up!

I don't understand why the gate agents can't be made to follow a simple SOP. More than one jumpseater? Pull out the laminated SOP card, follow the instructions, send the correct jumpseater down the jetway! If they are so out of control that they can't be required to follow a simple procedure, then UAL's problems are bigger than we know.

I'm guessing you've never flown for them. In 3.5 years I haven't seen one thing that makes me think UAL is capable of running an airline, or an express division.

In 3.5 years I haven't seen one thing that makes me think UAL is capable of running an airline, or an express division.

Especially when you look at the abortion, I mean the abomination, I mean the embarrassment, I mean the greyhound bus terminal which is Terminal F at ORD.

UAL pilots should've had this fixed a long time ago. You get what you give. If the tables were turned, there would've been UAL pilots beating on management's door with their hair on fire.

My advice to UAL pilots: ask for a truce and set a hard deadline to fix it. You guys started it by putting up with it in the first place. The onus is on you guys to fix it.

Cabin seat - maybe
Jumpseat - absolutely not.

The jumpseat is an accommodation for EXTRA CREW MEMBER. It is not a passenger seat. It belongs to the Captain and the airline operating the flight.

Everyone on this message board seems to think this. The purpose of the jumpseat is for feds and company line check being able to use it for a free ride is just an added bonus. This doesnt add much to the discussion other than I laugh everytime someone says the jumpseat belongs to the captain.

Cabin seat - maybe
Jumpseat - absolutely not.

The jumpseat is an accommodation for EXTRA CREW MEMBER. It is not a passenger seat. It belongs to the Captain and the airline operating the flight.

Everyone on this message board seems to think this. The purpose of the jumpseat is for feds and company line checks, being able to use it for a free ride is just an added bonus. This doesnt add much to the discussion other than I laugh everytime someone says the jumpseat belongs to the captain.

Everyone on this message board seems to think this. The purpose of the jumpseat is for feds and company line checks, being able to use it for a free ride is just an added bonus. This doesnt add much to the discussion other than I laugh everytime someone says the jumpseat belongs to the captain.

Correct. The jumpseat belongs to the FAA first, then the company second. Most, if not all, companies give authority to the jumpseat (if not otherwise in use) to the Captain via their FOM or contract.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back