• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UALPA response to jumpseat threat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't understand why the UAL pilots don't have 1st priority on any jumpseat that has UAL code. It seems logical to me that they should be first in line. This is not shaniquas flying, it is UALs thus thier jumpseat.

Stand strong UAX pilots....I will support this war if it gets to that....The United pilots would never put up this behavior if it was them that were getting denied on their own aircraft.....

It's time to put a stop to the double standard......

Don't give in.....

I don't understand why the UAL pilots don't have 1st priority on any jumpseat that has UAL code. It seems logical to me that they should be first in line. This is not shaniquas flying, it is UALs thus thier jumpseat.
Because that would be unfair to the pilots at the codeshare partners. Being bumped off their own jumpseat my a mainline pilot is ridiculous. :erm: That is my commonsense working now. If this is your logic of fair then O.K here is mine, From now on I get Priority over you on anything and everything!! Forever !!!:laugh: Not to mention I can bump you off any jumpseat even off your own airline. Not too mention you have to buy me lunch for the flight and pay me $500. :D

Oooo, this should be fun.

Sorry, holmes...UA pays for the seats in the cabin and they sell the tickets, but they don't own the jumpseat.

You are entitled to that opinion....and I am entitled to not give you a ride.....Now would you like to actually act like a union.....or do you want to just continue to pretend....and screw each other?

If you think you own me....then you can walk......

Cabin seat - maybe
Jumpseat - absolutely not.

The jumpseat is an accommodation for EXTRA CREW MEMBER. It is not a passenger seat. It belongs to the Captain and the airline operating the flight.

The cabin seats don't even belong to the mainline....Delta tried that with DCI and the uproar so bad they backed off.....DCI have priority on the jumpseat and the cabin seats ON THEIR OWN AIRCRAFT...That is the way it should be....

You want priority....then you fly it with YOUR aircraft....If it is OUR aircraft, then you don't get priority.....

Captain's Authority; bring it back.
I don't think Captain's Authority is the issue here.

The issue here is the fact that the system sorts the jumpseat priorities incorrectly and the captain doesn't always have time to sweep the gate area to make sure the right jumpseater got on in the middle of a quick turn.

The customer service agent should always defer to the captain...however, if they don't know any better, they aren't going to go out of their way to confirm the right jumpeseater got on.

"Fraternally." That's so lame.

Anyway, I could go for UAL pilots getting priority for a cabin seat, but I have to agree that the cockpit jumpseat is not UAL's. It is the airline's that owns the airplane--a seat that is there for an additional crew member. UAL is not entitled to it.

How typical of mainliners' "we should own the world." mindset.

Fraternally indeed.

-Goose

Latest resources

Back