• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Merger Comte Msg

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UAL wants this merger so bad then there is no reason for me to give up my (CAL) scope. He is the one that wants it let him give up his BS outsourcing!! Burn it down otherwise.

I'm with ya, scope is #1 priority!! If everyone can focus on these core issues the rest will work themselves out.

From APC

UAL 12 year 767 CA = $159
CAL 12 year 737-800 CA = $169

I don't see the correlation

Isn't it time to stop bickering amongst ourselves and work together so what 159 vs 169 those numbers will be irrelevent. I make 146 an hour on a 737-800 as an FO and that is first year pay, you want to compare rates and strive for a goal then lets work towards a common goal a JCBA. Right now airline management has walked all over the pilot groups because of this kind of petty crap, like I said who cares who's dad can beat up who, stop acting like children and for once in your career work as a unified voice. I am currently working for a new airline over seas and making a lot more than the US carriers are paying. I want to make it back to United new or old one day but it would be nice if we didn't follow in the shoes of US Airways/AWA and actually lead by example! Everyone need to get off their high horse and recapture our careers and this is the opportunity and time to do it! Let me just add to your statistic,

B777 Capt UAL 190
B777 Capt CAL 193
B777 Capt DAL 209

Now would you rather stick with CAL pay or have completely new rates using DAL as a foundation in which to build on? Seems pretty simple to me!

Last edited:
From APC

UAL 12 year 767 CA = $159
CAL 12 year 737-800 CA = $169

I don't see the correlation

UAL B fund 16% If your going to through numbers out put out the whole picture.

Like it or not we are about to be one company. Our management would like nothing more than to see this bickering going on. I hope we are smarter than that.

Isn't it time to stop bickering amongst ourselves and work together so what 159 vs 169 those numbers will be irrelevent. I make 146 an hour on a 737-800 as an FO and that is first year pay, you want to compare rates and strive for a goal then lets work towards a common goal a JCBA. Right now airline management has walked all over the pilot groups because of this kind of petty crap, like I said who cares who's dad can beat up who, stop acting like children and for once in your career work as a unified voice. I am currently working for a new airline over seas and making a lot more than the US carriers are paying. I want to make it back to United new or old one day but it would be nice if we didn't follow in the shoes of US Airways/AWA and actually lead by example! Everyone need to get off their high horse and recapture our careers and this is the opportunity and time to do it! Let me just add to your statistic,

B777 Capt UAL 190
B777 Capt CAL 193
B777 Capt DAL 209

Now would you rather stick with CAL pay or have completely new rates using DAL as a foundation in which to build on? Seems pretty simple to me!

I agree. I take it back :)

A Mooooot point

Really every airline is dying, at some point.

Unfortunately, it does appear that most of the herd has stampeded over a cliff, with each cow vigorously flapping its hooves and tail in an effort to hit the ground last. :rolleyes:

All I hope is that we can all work together and try to improve ALL our lives. We have been beat up for the last decade and it is time for us to push the lines back not just hold the line we need to recapture lost ground and we can only do this together! I know I sound like a broken record but I hope we can all stop the bickering and work together as a unified pilot group! See you when I return from the desert!

STOP THE ARGUING NOW!!! Let's take back....TOGETHER! Only United will we win a great contract stay divided we will lose out on perhaps the biggest opportunity in recent decades.

Don't worry guys. I'm sure the respective MEC's and Merger committee's don't read these boards and are staying level headed.

DB

Latest resources

Back