• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Merger Comte Msg

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly we are a merger of equals that is all, this talk about who is better financially is just futile and takes away from the big picture of the joint contract.

Or to paraphrase, "pilots currently furloughed from a dying company will not be able to steal the careers from pilots currently employed at a healthy one." At least that's how I interpret that, here's hoping the arbitrator does too.

United was/is not "dying".

You can keep telling yourself that, but it is not true.

Tilton was "rightsizing" (his words) the company over the last 8 years to make this merger happen. This is his end game. He was cutting, shrinking, getting United all prettied up for the prom.

But, I'm sure there are many out there that think CAL "saved" United airlines, and that should somehow be considered during an integration.

Total B.S.

I got go with you on this one. I think you are exactly right except we may see a positive advancement on senority for the CAL pilots of 2-5%. I see all A320's being parked in the forseeable future and more orders for the 737-800/900er. All BA fleet with fences around the 747 ofr 5-10 years and 787 for the same.

You may see a 2-5% jump for those near the bottom of the list, but I don't think you will see that at the top.

We're essentially talking about a widebody airline merging with a narrowbody airline. The fleet numbers don't lie. So, who do you think the arbiter will look at as "bringing more to the table"?

And again, save the whole "but United was dying" B.S. The only reason United has been shrinking and cutting was because Tilton has wanted this merger since he got here. All of his actions (cuts, furloughs, shrink) over the past 8 years was to make this day happen.

You may see a 2-5% jump for those near the bottom of the list, but I don't think you will see that at the top.

We're essentially talking about a widebody airline merging with a narrowbody airline. The fleet numbers don't lie. So, who do you think the arbiter will look at as "bringing more to the table"?

And again, save the whole "but United was dying" B.S. The only reason United has been shrinking and cutting was because Tilton has wanted this merger since he got here. All of his actions (cuts, furloughs, shrink) over the past 8 years was to make this day happen.

Never claimed UAL was dying. Another poster. I don't think either that once you get into the top 25% that their won't be mostly relative and DOH combined but "bringing more to the table" is irrelevant. UAL does have a stronger DOH in their list than CAL but carear expectations at CAL IMHO will outweigh that to some degree, allowing for the 2-5% bump.

Never claimed UAL was dying. Another poster. I don't think either that once you get into the top 25% that their won't be mostly relative and DOH combined but "bringing more to the table" is irrelevant. UAL does have a stronger DOH in their list than CAL but carear expectations at CAL IMHO will outweigh that to some degree, allowing for the 2-5% bump.

IMO, what is brought to the table (widebody Captain seats) has a DIRECT correlation to career expectations.

Really every airline is dying, at some point.

Republic CEO Bryan Bedford is sitting there hoping that we don't and management will use United scope so he can come in an steal more mainline jobs. http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100505-712727.html?mod=WSJ_Deals_LEFTLatestHeadlines we need to stand together as a unified pilot group and tighten scope or at the very least maintain Continental scope. We need a JCBA.

As stated, unless we stand up as a group of ALPA pilots and show some brass to get a good JCBA with proper scope; all of the +- 2%, fences, etc..., none of it will matter.

Tilton has wanted this merger since he got here. All of his actions (cuts, furloughs, shrink) over the past 8 years was to make this day happen.

UAL wants this merger so bad then there is no reason for me to give up my (CAL) scope. He is the one that wants it let him give up his BS outsourcing!! Burn it down otherwise.

UAL wants this merger so bad then there is no reason for me to give up my (CAL) scope. He is the one that wants it let him give up his BS outsourcing!! Burn it down otherwise.
Can't disagree with that. Scope is the #1 issue going forward....both domestic and international.

The two MEC statements are vastly different between the UAL MEC and the CAL MEC.

UAL MEC communications primary topics are concerned with defending its seniority list. CAL MEC communications topic sentences are more concerned with a viable company. CAL MEC #1 concern is a viable company with its pilots the #3 priority. CAL will sell SCOPE for a CAL retirement only benefit.

The CAL MEC is a management tool verse a pilot group instrument. The CAL MEC will sell out both companies for some type of specific personal gain of an individual or small demographic group.

Latest resources

Back