UAL Merger Comte Msg

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys,
I'm totally on the outside looking in, but now is the time to put your emotions on the sideline and work together to create an improved contract and integration.....the future of our profession depends on it.

Good luck with what I am sure will be an immense challenge.
IB

Or to paraphrase, "pilots currently furloughed from a dying company will not be able to steal the careers from pilots currently employed at a healthy one." At least that's how I interpret that, here's hoping the arbitrator does too.
+1

FWIW, I just looked at financials for both UAL and CAL, so I guess that doesn't apply here. (Unless of course, you were talking about the one with less cash on hand that also did not post an operating profit last quarter. ;))

"Furthermore, the airline’s constriction coupled with the failure to integrate the lists has resulted in furloughs of the West pilots".

This failure to integrate the two groups has also resulted in the furlough of all the new hires who are below everyone else on the "third list".

so you're saying................."What we have here...............is a failure to integrate?!"

Or to paraphrase, "pilots currently furloughed from a dying company will not be able to steal the careers from pilots currently employed at a healthy one." At least that's how I interpret that, here's hoping the arbitrator does too.

Good one ******************** FACE

I hope the bribe lessens the pain. $$$$ :beer:

Don't fight it. It will be close to relative (+ or - 2%), with some fences for the 744 and 787s. Furloughed pilots will be on the bottom. End of story.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Don't fight it. It will be close to relative (+ or - 2%), with some fences for the 744 and 787s. Furloughed pilots will be on the bottom. End of story.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I got go with you on this one. I think you are exactly right except we may see a positive advancement on senority for the CAL pilots of 2-5%. I see all A320's being parked in the forseeable future and more orders for the 737-800/900er. All BA fleet with fences around the 747 ofr 5-10 years and 787 for the same.

Who was dying? Last I saw UAL had an operating profit last quarter where CAL did not. United's revenue was up 15% and they ended the quarter with 3.5 billion in unrestricted cash and according to the media it is United buying Continental. http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9FFK6J80.htm
either way we are all in this together and istead of walking around which airline is financially stronger or which airline has better customer service ect ect ect.... The fact is we are about to become one airline!! I feel both companies involved could manage alone but we won't be. Management is sitting looking at the two pilots group and could care less if we get along or not. Republic CEO Bryan Bedford is sitting there hoping that we don't and management will use United scope so he can come in an steal more mainline jobs. http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100505-712727.html?mod=WSJ_Deals_LEFTLatestHeadlines we need to stand together as a unified pilot group and tighten scope or at the very least maintain Continental scope. We need a JCBA. I am furloughed and I am watching from the sidelines but I fully expect to come home one day. I am also junior and expect that to remain the same. All I expect is a fair integration and if we can maintain or improve on Continental scope and mixed with the approaching retirements I think everyone of us will be just fine. We have a great opportunity here, lets not screw it up by acting like children!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back