• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Merger Comte Msg

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup! That brings to mind the pedal action on a bicycle. One goes up the other goes down. ALPA just keep riding us? Here's another fairly reliable comment about how the Chairman of UAL MEC is feeling these days about furloughees: "If you have something else in the works do it" and as far as coming back she said, "Its gonna be a long time"

Now who then is going to be flying those 100 seaters? Maybe CO furloughees? Because UAL MEC Chairman doesn't think it would be us in this case.

Therefore Be It Resolved, the UAL MEC directs the UAL MEC Master Chairman to engage in discussions with the Delta MEC Master Chairman, in an effort to give UAL-ALPA furloughed pilots priority in the hiring process at Delta Airlines.

Caution with your sources...

Though accurate, in fairness that statement made by Wendy was pre lots a stuff. This business is fluid. If we are able to keep part of the of the CO contract in take with regard to scope things could change in a hurry. As for you comments regarding Delta hiring our fourloughies obviously ALPA should push for that. I have to say though when I was out of work along with thousands of my fellow EAL pilots, Delta MEC turned a blind eye.

Odd that Luckytohavealife forgets the bending over that the United pilots did with their cba. How is that Scope working out for you over there dolt? How many furloughs were are result of your relaxing of Scope? Are your retirees pensions going well?

Talk about a hypocrite.

Newsflash genius:

It was a Chapter 11 CBA. Either you accept it or the judge enforces it (or something worse).

Newsflash genius:

It was a Chapter 11 CBA. Either you accept it or the judge enforces it (or something worse).

It wasn't just a chapter 11. It was a horribly run chapter 11 on UAL ALPA's part. You've got nobody to blame but yourselves. Sorry, it pains me to say it. Your leadership at the time sucked!

If this merger happens, Wendy's crowd won't be taking everything not nailed down. Quit griping at CAL pilots and see if you can locate your backbone.

Newsflash genius:

lmao, sure rationalize it all you want but the end result was still the same.

I have to say though when I was out of work along with thousands of my fellow EAL pilots, Delta MEC turned a blind eye.

They sure were not blind when the Delta MEC said and did nothing about extra sections being flown during the strike by Delta pilots on prior Eastern routes.

It wasn't just a chapter 11. It was a horribly run chapter 11 on UAL ALPA's part. You've got nobody to blame but yourselves. Sorry, it pains me to say it. Your leadership at the time sucked!

If this merger happens, Wendy's crowd won't be taking everything not nailed down. Quit griping at CAL pilots and see if you can locate your backbone.

And how will this help us in our fight for an industry leading CBA?

Is this a General Patton/Montgomery type conversation here?

C'mon that divisionist BS used to work in the past - let it go.
I had no idea that the MEC chairman/woman from each property was so intricately involved in the Merger Com. from each airline towards this JCBA.

They have input but the real power is in the respective MECs and finally the line pilot with their vote. If you don't like the TA when it comes out - vote it down.

I am going to bite my tongue for the greater goal of unity - hopefully you will agree to do the same from now on.

I am going to bite my tongue for the greater goal of unity - hopefully you will agree to do the same from now on.

Exactly. We have a well funded, smart, very motivated common enemy. They literately stay up at night thinking of ways to screw us. We can win this battle and gain some ground lost if we stay together. Fighting for table scrapes is going to get us nothing. MGT. is our enemy not the other pilots!!

Sleeves and Shrek: You're each right. Good posts. Sounds like you're comfortable with your leadership and you're probably not wrong. Will bite my tongue as well.

Latest resources

Back