• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL called today.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats man! That is great news, glad to hear that the good guys from the old days in RIC are getting to go where they want! Best of luck and enjoy it! I will have to bother you on a DEN overnight sometime.

The Call....

Which call was that? The one where they give you a dream job, or the one telling you to just stick with the pulpwood industry?

Good luck, but think about it b4 u leave a stable job for the bottom of a list which will need alot less people with consolidation. For your sake, I hope it all works out. In a 1999 kind of world, I wish we all worked for UAL. Congrats brother!

Couldn't have said it better. I interned at UAL back in 2000 and now have no interest in ever working there. Too much uncertainty at the majors with mergers imminent.

It's a huge risk to take but if you can be based at home and be with your family it's a risk I would probably take as well. I wish you all the best Shrek.

I hope you have better luck then most of the 1999-2000 hires. My 15 months and UAL were fun. The following 5 years on furlough were not so much.

Thanks for the well wishers out there.

To people who think I have not weighed the pros and cons of a move over to UAL - my eyes are wide open.......

Thanks again for the words of encouragement.

Good luck, but think about it b4 u leave a stable job for the bottom of a list which will need alot less people with consolidation. For your sake, I hope it all works out. In a 1999 kind of world, I wish we all worked for UAL. Congrats brother!
I have to agree....Not to be doom and gloom but UAL will consolidate and the last guys on seniority lists usually pay the price. If this was your dream though, good luck.

Latest resources

Back