• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL 747-400 Parked in Mojave Desert!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UAL/CAL Merger.....or if you like...CAL/UAL Merger.

Both are furloughing
Both are parking airplanes

Merger will happen when they are sure it will be approved-pain on both sides-and hopefully Glenn will get the boot. The DAL/NWA deal is helping to move this along....

IF and its still a big IF this will happen at all!

That airplane won't stay in the desert. Probably be UAL that pulls it out. Even after the 6 or 8 744s get parked I think they still have 2 dozen+ flying.
That's sad. I believe at 1 point they had 54 744's.
Any UAL'ers confirm this?

They might have had that many at one point...before getting the 52 777's they have now...in addition to the 30...now 24 747's...not really that sad. Was before my time though.

I think the most -400's we, I mean they, had was 44. You could add in the -200's and that number could have totalled 54 at one time, but I don't remember.

It is scary to think what would happen to a potential recall of someone who is getting f-ed now from UAL in the event of merging seniority lists with another company.

I thought I had won the lottery when I was hired at United. Six figure salary within 3 years. Six figure pension. 11% B-fund. Paid medical and dental for life. Great choice of domiciles. Quick upgrade. Free travel. Then salary went back to five figures. Pension - gone. Paid benefits - gone. HNL - gone. ANC - gone. MIA - gone. SEA - downsized (again). 737 - gone from west coast. Quick upgrade now looking like 15+ years. Free travel - gone. My job - gone.

GP
UAL 3/20/00-1/15/03

United. Pissing employees off for more than 80 years.

I thought I had won the lottery when I was hired at United. Six figure salary within 3 years. Six figure pension. 11% B-fund. Paid medical and dental for life. Great choice of domiciles. Quick upgrade. Free travel. Then salary went back to five figures. Pension - gone. Paid benefits - gone. HNL - gone. ANC - gone. MIA - gone. SEA - downsized (again). 737 - gone from west coast. Quick upgrade now looking like 15+ years. Free travel - gone. My job - gone.

GP
UAL 3/20/00-1/15/03

I feel for you. I can't believe what's happened to UAL and your career. I just got done emailing Phil LeBeau at CNBC the question: Why do we care about UAW/GM jobs when we couldn't have cared less about UAL jobs? UAW is going to get a real bailout and UAL got screwed by the ATSB turning them down twice. His answer was basically: "It's not right, that's how it is" [paraphrased].

I think it's time some UAL types get out there on this issue and talk about what happenend compared to what this current bailout is set to do.

Last edited:
I think the most -400's we, I mean they, had was 44. You could add in the -200's and that number could have totalled 54 at one time, but I don't remember.

It is scary to think what would happen to a potential recall of someone who is getting f-ed now from UAL in the event of merging seniority lists with another company.

GP
UAL 3/20/00-1/15/03

We all feel for you...but I just have one question. Free travel-gone? What are you talking about.
Not that it is a big deal, but free travel is not gone...never was. I just took a international trip in first class for free with my family on United.
Even if you are furloughed...you retain your free travel.

I just looked at your dates...looks like you left United 1/15/03...over 5 years ago?

Latest resources

Back