• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL 747-400 Parked in Mojave Desert!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why push a merger? That's my question. Just run your airline as best you can and get on down the road without trying to sell yourself.

Gup

Why push a merger? That's my question. Just run your airline as best you can and get on down the road without trying to sell yourself.

Gup

Because Glenn Tilton and the BOD just want to cash out UAL! Isn't obvious with all the potential UAL has that they just don't care?? Glenn should go down in history with Frank Lorenzo.

They are parking 6-8 747's....and you think they are going to part out the company?

I would be more concerned if they started selling off the asia routes.

What's the difference if you're selling the planes that you have that fly the Asian routes?

I wonder how many pilots would end up on the street total with a CAL/UAL merger any ideas?

The furloughs are going to happen before the merger, those that are being furloughed now will be furloughed until the merger if there will be one, and that is a big if.

What's the difference if you're selling the planes that you have that fly the Asian routes?

I was just looking at the additional orders CAL has for 777's and both companies as we all know, have them. United is not getting rid of all the 747's, they announced parking 6... not sure of the number they own. I do believe the 777 can make it to Asia too.

That airplane won't stay in the desert. Probably be UAL that pulls it out. Even after the 6 or 8 744s get parked I think they still have 2 dozen+ flying.

Latest resources

Back