• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

U/AWA PID set @ 10/24/2005

LearLove

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 27, 2001
Posts
4,451
Total Time
12000+
Below is the latest MEC "fastread", no mention of/or how, if at all the MDA guys are included.....

How does that song go? Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind.....................

MEC message on the October 24, 2005 establishment of a Policy Initiation
Date (PID)

Yesterday, your MEC Chairman Bill Pollock, along with America West MEC
Chairman JR Baker, made a presentation to ALPA's Executive Council
concerning the implementation of a Policy Initiation Date, or PID. Both
MEC Chairmen discussed with the Executive Council the merits on when a
PID should take place, and the Executive Council determined in its
ruling that "a reasonable probability of a merger being consummated
exists."

Therefore, the PID of October 24, 2005 was established for the merger of
US Airways and America West by Executive Council resolution. Recall that
the declaration of a Policy Initiation Date is the initial step in the
procedures for seniority list integration. The Merger Policy defines the
time for a PID as the date on which "a reasonable probability of a
merger being consummated exists . . . ." Additionally, ALPA
International President Duane Woerth decided that in light of the
discussions that took place yesterday before the Executive Council, an
extension of time of 30 days should be granted to complete the ALPA
Merger Policy requirements of part 1F and commence negotiations under
Part 1G. Part 1F, Verification and Exchange of Employment Data,
specifies the verification and updating of employment data of flight
deck crew members.

While much of this information has already been prepared by your Merger
Committee and Merger Counsel in anticipation of this announcement, this
officially begins the merger process with America West, as required by
ALPA Merger Policy. Please continue to stay updated on merger
developments by accessing the Merger Committee Q&A online form on the
pilots only website, as well as using the code a phone and attending
your LEC meetings, since the Merger Committee has been present at many
of these meetings to answer pilots' questions.

The resolution passed by the Executive Council on the establishment of
the PID is posted on the pilots only website under What's New.
 
Last edited:
Joined
May 12, 2005
Posts
510
Total Time
.
.


Well, if it says FURLOUGHED by your name on the USAir list, I guess that says it all, MDA or not...........



.
 

LearLove

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 27, 2001
Posts
4,451
Total Time
12000+
HMMMMMM..... I think it's just alittle more complicated than that.....
 

xrated

Jeezz, What have I Done?
Joined
Jan 27, 2002
Posts
654
Total Time
Huh?
Now the question is, how many more airplanes does AAA have to give back and by what date?
 

LearLove

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 27, 2001
Posts
4,451
Total Time
12000+
I wouldn't be supprised to see most if not all the 737's go and be replaced with 90/100 seaters, 93 of which can be contracted out.

Like I said before, J4J at Rep for the rest of my career here I come.
 

m80drvr

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 28, 2002
Posts
429
Total Time
7000
Hey Lear, were you ever at mainline or did you flow over from Alg, or Ped?

I wonder if those guys some how feel entitled to a job at the New and improved USairwest. That will be interesting since they were never on the USAir list to begin with.

Hmmmmmmmmmm
 

Lampshade

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Posts
485
Total Time
8000
LearLove said:
I wouldn't be supprised to see most if not all the 737's go and be replaced with 90/100 seaters, 93 of which can be contracted out.

Like I said before, J4J at Rep for the rest of my career here I come.
you really don't know what you're talking about do you? be honest.
 

LearLove

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 27, 2001
Posts
4,451
Total Time
12000+
Lampshade said:
you really don't know what you're talking about do you? be honest.

not that i don't know what I'm talking about, I've been wrong before and will be again, i'm not scared of it. i guess your talking about 93 being that there are only 28 90seater left to be contracted out not the 93 or so like i said. That may be true but from what I know/have been told/and read there is a possibility that the MDA/Rep and Mesa aircraft may not be included. i would put it past management to push it that way. i hope I am wrong. If you know better than why don't you correct me.
 

Lampshade

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Posts
485
Total Time
8000
LearLove said:
not that i don't know what I'm talking about, I've been wrong before and will be again, i'm not scared of it. i guess your talking about 93 being that there are only 28 90seater left to be contracted out not the 93 or so like i said. That may be true but from what I know/have been told/and read there is a possibility that the MDA/Rep and Mesa aircraft may not be included. i would put it past management to push it that way. i hope I am wrong. If you know better than why don't you correct me.
I think you just corrected yourself. The stuff you've heard or told I can't speak for. That about covers it.
 
Last edited:

KC-10 Driver

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 24, 2002
Posts
503
Total Time
~7500
So, what are everyone's thoughts about the prospect for US Airways furloughees -- whether currently J4J or otherwise?
 

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Joined
Feb 5, 2003
Posts
2,177
Total Time
>0;<1
KC-10 Driver said:
So, what are everyone's thoughts about the prospect for US Airways furloughees -- whether currently J4J or otherwise?




You'll have to ask the arbitrator in about 6 months. That's who'll be deciding who goes where on the "New and Improved":rolleyes: UsAir senority list. If you are a smart man,you would stay at Jet Blue. Hope I'm wrong, but I think Parker and the boys bit off more than they can chew by hookin' up with this bunch....Time will tell.


PHXFLYR:cool:
 

LearLove

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 27, 2001
Posts
4,451
Total Time
12000+
m80drvr said:
Hey Lear, were you ever at mainline or did you flow over from Alg, or Ped?

I wonder if those guys some how feel entitled to a job at the New and improved USairwest. That will be interesting since they were never on the USAir list to begin with.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

O dont you worry, we lowly unqualified prop guys will be shelled out anyway

(this section:

Additionally, ALPA International President Duane Woerth decided that in light of the discussions that took place yesterday before the Executive Council, an extension of time of 30 days should be granted to complete the ALPA Merger Policy requirements of part 1F and commence negotiations underPart 1G. Part 1F,

if you research into this I bet you'll find out its just enough time with the extensions which are really up to 90 days to get all 100 or so of us CEL guys furloughed and off the list for good)

We CEL guys are being cast off by fellow PDT guys, read no flowback, and no J4J at PSA for us and no J4J at AWAC for us just leaves a J4J at Rep if you can hold it, if not maybe pref hirring and start over again. Most likely the fallout from the PID/list integreation will have us cast off the US Air list also.

So in the end we CEL guys really don't have to worry about being or feeling "entitled" to anything as everyone else is doing a fine job of seeing that we are "eltitled" to nothing.

.....Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind.....
 

m80drvr

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 28, 2002
Posts
429
Total Time
7000
Lear

Didn't mean to ruffel your feathers, I was just wondering what the word on the street was. I also flew DHC-8's for a few years.

D
 

Crzipilot

Well-known member
Joined
May 11, 2002
Posts
1,057
Total Time
10k+
I may be wrong, as I haven't looke it up. But I believe the extension applies to the certifing of the seniority lists. If your listed as furloughed or not, your name I would assume still be on the list.

In addition I think your beef should be with the PDT MEC.....as loa 91 has the provisions (at least the wording) for the flow back to your respective WO. AWisc rj's aren't going to be counted within J4J, as the first 70 rj's are free from j4j, and those were originally mesa, now transferred to air wisc. I believe. J4J postions at PSA, well again the flowBACK to the WO was to allow for this specific situation, of a rif at MDA with CEL pilots. It would also be a somewhat interesting situation, having a CEL pilot goto MDA, get furloughed, then be able to goto PSA as a capt, above those psa f/o's that are still waiting upgrade, and maybe sr. to you on the CEL list.
Out of curiosity, what is the PDT mec saying in regards to flowback to PDT??? Would imagine a grievance would be forthcoming, as the MEC taking the flowover to MDA but not alowing the flow back?

Either way it's a crap samwich
 

BeCareful!

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Posts
809
Total Time
10,000
Crzipilot said:
AWisc rj's aren't going to be counted within J4J, as the first 70 rj's are free from j4j, and those were originally mesa, now transferred to air wisc. I believe. J4J postions at PSA, well again the flowBACK to the WO was to allow for this specific situation, of a rif at MDA with CEL pilots. It would also be a somewhat interesting situation, having a CEL pilot goto MDA, get furloughed, then be able to goto PSA as a capt, above those psa f/o's that are still waiting upgrade, and maybe sr. to you on the CEL list.



Reference the AWAC planes: Yeah, but who's keeping track of this? Are they eliminating an equal number of Mesa birds to the AWAC planes as they come on board? Personally, I don't think so. I think we are being screwed, daily.....repeatedly......harshly........mercilessly......well OK enough of that. That's been going on since day one.


The other part about PSA: have we determined that the APL will open to PSA vacancies if more planes arrive? Does it matter if there are mainline furloughs, or MDA furloughs. (They're supposed to be the same thing, but.....)

(Sure hope so, dude......casue you and I won't ever be off reserve unless it occurs!)
 

Max Powers

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2005
Posts
1,136
Total Time
9000+
Ok I think I know the answer to this but.....

What about the poolies swimming in the AWA hiring pool I keep getting letters thanking me for my patience and tell me to keep standing by.

Are we screwed by the U furloughs taking rights over us.
 

BeCareful!

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Posts
809
Total Time
10,000
Max Powers said:
Ok I think I know the answer to this but.....

What about the poolies swimming in the AWA hiring pool I keep getting letters thanking me for my patience and tell me to keep standing by.

Are we screwed by the U furloughs taking rights over us.



OMG.....and after all of your pain and sacrifice! Imagine, those damn U furloughees taking away any hope you ever had. Of all the pilot groups out there, I think it's you guys, the AWA poolies, who have endured enough!
In fact, I think I'll call the MEC tomorrow and plead your case.

F!
 
Top