U/AWA PID set @ 10/24/2005

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Just remember MR USAirways,

AWA was still hiring until this merger was announced. It was YOUR illustrious leaders that sent you guys to the $hitter over the last, what, 17 years.

Now, where is my Staplegun?

Yeah, Parker?

Well AWA was furloughing and bankrupt in the early 1990's. They were also losing pilots to US Airways in the late 1990's because things didn't look so hot there.

You only like to look at the little snapshot of time that makes your former carrier look like an aviation gold standard.

Now, where is my Slot Machine?

Max Powers said:
Ok I think I know the answer to this but.....

What about the poolies swimming in the AWA hiring pool I keep getting letters thanking me for my patience and tell me to keep standing by.

Are we screwed by the U furloughs taking rights over us.

Screwed? Your kidding right? I would hope that furloughees would at least have priority over some guy who has yet to work for the company.

AWA never was in the hole that Airways is (was in).................

Former airline - is HQ being moved to Chitsburg? You homos are the ones being acquired. I seem to remember your douche CEO being more concerned about golfing than making this merger happen to save your asses from liquidating.

Max Powers said:
What about the poolies swimming in the AWA hiring pool I keep getting letters thanking me for my patience and tell me to keep standing by.
The Transition Agreement set in stone the fact that nobody gets hired off the street until all furloughees are offered recall. Sorry, but I don't know why they'd keep sending you letters.

break

To the person with the handle "Doug Parker": put away the stapler; it's been known to backfire.

What's up TWA chick ?

Like stapling would ever be an option.........we've all read the ALPA merger policy

OK ok...

I guess I should be more sensitive to a pilot group that has been through so much. But the fact is I am getting screwed by furloughs from Usairways..

Let me put it this way I am wondering if I will rightfully be screwed by Usairways pilots because they deserve to have the right to screw me.

Personally I heard that AWA is pushing hard to not let furloughs in due to their longevity which translates into higher pay and a bad work ethic.

TWA chick I don't think anything has been "set in stone" I just got a letter 3 days ago asking me to keep all contact information up to date.

Last edited:
"Well AWA was furloughing and bankrupt in the early 1990's. They were also losing pilots to US Airways in the late 1990's because things didn't look so hot there."

And when US Air 'saved' them from their sinking ship - they were in essence stapled to the US Air sen list - right?

I'm not advocating a staple in any way, nor do I ever want to be caught agreeing with the "Doug Parker" yahoo - but the idea that AWA owes you one is a bit absurd

KC-10 driver. Jan 18, 99 right?
Hope things are well at Jetblue.

Actually, May 31, 1999. Perhaps you have me confused with some one else, or maybe you got the date wrong? But, yes, I am very happy at JetBlue.

You'll have to ask the arbitrator in about 6 months. That's who'll be deciding who goes where on the "New and Improved":rolleyes: UsAir senority list. If you are a smart man,you would stay at Jet Blue. Hope I'm wrong, but I think Parker and the boys bit off more than they can chew by hookin' up with this bunch....Time will tell.

Yeah, I have no plans on leaving JetBlue anytime soon! In fact, I personally wrote off US Airways (for me, that is) a long time ago. Of course, one always wants to have all options available, and no one wants to needlessly close a door. But, I'm hard pressed to think of a situation where I would end up back at US Airways. And, if I were to end up back there, I'm sure it would be years in the future (based on how many furloughees there are above me).

My more immediate concern is maintaining my non-rev privileges for myself and my family on US Airways (especially a merged US Airways -- maybe now I can finally get to Cabo!).

Now, don't get me wrong. I LOVED the time I spent at US Airways. Great people, great airplanes, great trips. It really was a great job for me. It was my first airline job, and I loved it.

I wish everyone there (as well as everyone at America West) all the best. I know that things will be ugly for a while, but I hope you can all come out the other end without too much animosity.

Latest resources

Back