• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U/AWA PID set @ 10/24/2005

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, what are everyone's thoughts about the prospect for US Airways furloughees -- whether currently J4J or otherwise?

KC-10 Driver said:
So, what are everyone's thoughts about the prospect for US Airways furloughees -- whether currently J4J or otherwise?

You'll have to ask the arbitrator in about 6 months. That's who'll be deciding who goes where on the "New and Improved":rolleyes: UsAir senority list. If you are a smart man,you would stay at Jet Blue. Hope I'm wrong, but I think Parker and the boys bit off more than they can chew by hookin' up with this bunch....Time will tell.

PHXFLYR:cool:

m80drvr said:
Hey Lear, were you ever at mainline or did you flow over from Alg, or Ped?

I wonder if those guys some how feel entitled to a job at the New and improved USairwest. That will be interesting since they were never on the USAir list to begin with.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

O dont you worry, we lowly unqualified prop guys will be shelled out anyway

(this section:

Additionally, ALPA International President Duane Woerth decided that in light of the discussions that took place yesterday before the Executive Council, an extension of time of 30 days should be granted to complete the ALPA Merger Policy requirements of part 1F and commence negotiations underPart 1G. Part 1F,

if you research into this I bet you'll find out its just enough time with the extensions which are really up to 90 days to get all 100 or so of us CEL guys furloughed and off the list for good)

We CEL guys are being cast off by fellow PDT guys, read no flowback, and no J4J at PSA for us and no J4J at AWAC for us just leaves a J4J at Rep if you can hold it, if not maybe pref hirring and start over again. Most likely the fallout from the PID/list integreation will have us cast off the US Air list also.

So in the end we CEL guys really don't have to worry about being or feeling "entitled" to anything as everyone else is doing a fine job of seeing that we are "eltitled" to nothing.

.....Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind.....

Lear

Didn't mean to ruffel your feathers, I was just wondering what the word on the street was. I also flew DHC-8's for a few years.

D

I may be wrong, as I haven't looke it up. But I believe the extension applies to the certifing of the seniority lists. If your listed as furloughed or not, your name I would assume still be on the list.

In addition I think your beef should be with the PDT MEC.....as loa 91 has the provisions (at least the wording) for the flow back to your respective WO. AWisc rj's aren't going to be counted within J4J, as the first 70 rj's are free from j4j, and those were originally mesa, now transferred to air wisc. I believe. J4J postions at PSA, well again the flowBACK to the WO was to allow for this specific situation, of a rif at MDA with CEL pilots. It would also be a somewhat interesting situation, having a CEL pilot goto MDA, get furloughed, then be able to goto PSA as a capt, above those psa f/o's that are still waiting upgrade, and maybe sr. to you on the CEL list.
Out of curiosity, what is the PDT mec saying in regards to flowback to PDT??? Would imagine a grievance would be forthcoming, as the MEC taking the flowover to MDA but not alowing the flow back?

Either way it's a crap samwich

Crzipilot said:
AWisc rj's aren't going to be counted within J4J, as the first 70 rj's are free from j4j, and those were originally mesa, now transferred to air wisc. I believe. J4J postions at PSA, well again the flowBACK to the WO was to allow for this specific situation, of a rif at MDA with CEL pilots. It would also be a somewhat interesting situation, having a CEL pilot goto MDA, get furloughed, then be able to goto PSA as a capt, above those psa f/o's that are still waiting upgrade, and maybe sr. to you on the CEL list.

Reference the AWAC planes: Yeah, but who's keeping track of this? Are they eliminating an equal number of Mesa birds to the AWAC planes as they come on board? Personally, I don't think so. I think we are being screwed, daily.....repeatedly......harshly........mercilessly......well OK enough of that. That's been going on since day one.

The other part about PSA: have we determined that the APL will open to PSA vacancies if more planes arrive? Does it matter if there are mainline furloughs, or MDA furloughs. (They're supposed to be the same thing, but.....)

(Sure hope so, dude......casue you and I won't ever be off reserve unless it occurs!)

Ok I think I know the answer to this but.....

What about the poolies swimming in the AWA hiring pool I keep getting letters thanking me for my patience and tell me to keep standing by.

Are we screwed by the U furloughs taking rights over us.

Max Powers said:
Ok I think I know the answer to this but.....

What about the poolies swimming in the AWA hiring pool I keep getting letters thanking me for my patience and tell me to keep standing by.

Are we screwed by the U furloughs taking rights over us.

OMG.....and after all of your pain and sacrifice! Imagine, those damn U furloughees taking away any hope you ever had. Of all the pilot groups out there, I think it's you guys, the AWA poolies, who have endured enough!
In fact, I think I'll call the MEC tomorrow and plead your case.

F!

Latest resources

Back