• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TV Report: PILOTS ON FOOD STAMPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Too bad there isn't the technology to turn pilot whine into usable thrust. If this were the case there would be no need for fuel and everyone could be millionares! Those on food stamps choose to be on them!!

Nice attitude. Our enemies are glad to hear it.

Whose side are you on?

I'm on the side of our troops who are dying and being permanently disfigured and crippled in a war that our leaders refuse to fight to win. I've merely accepted the fact that the leaders in this country will not fight this war to win it. As long as that's the case, then our troops are fighting an endless war that will accomplish nothing.

Agreed.

Although we don't have time to get into strategic military principles, I can tell you that the American public doesn't have the stomach to accept the way this war really needs to be successfully waged.

Exactly. What we've seen happen over the past 50-60 years in the Western world is a softening of our resolve. We no longer are willing to accept that "war is hell." We now try to sterilize war and pretend that we can defeat a barbaric enemy without getting our hands dirty. As long as that's the case, then we'll never be able to defeat an enemy as barbaric and inhuman as the islamo-fascists.

Again Sir, I believe, and hope, you are wrong.

I hope so, too. But I fear that I'm not.

Too bad there isn't the technology to turn pilot whine into usable thrust. If this were the case there would be no need for fuel and everyone could be millionares! Those on food stamps choose to be on them!!

So how many people do you know who are on food stamps?

There is alot of nonsense and foolishness on this thread.

The end of Indy brought me a new ex-wife and a house to pay for. I can check the government living assistance box. Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and kicks you in the balls a couple of times. I thought my wife's salary was going to get us through to my next job--before I knew it, it was all gone.

The point is, I am a million miles from where I was and a million miles from where I thought I would be. Some of you are just so naive. Even a man's darkest hour can ignite a spark of hope.

Tailwinds...

There is alot of nonsense and foolishness on this thread.

The end of Indy brought me a new ex-wife and a house to pay for. I can check the government living assistance box. Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and kicks you in the balls a couple of times. I thought my wife's salary was going to get us through to my next job--before I knew it, it was all gone.

The point is, I am a million miles from where I was and a million miles from where I thought I would be. Some of you are just so naive. Even a man's darkest hour can ignite a spark of hope.

Tailwinds...

Gee...if we were only as smart as you...

You sound like such an arrogant ass...

How about you, tough guy?
1st, Mega's a girl, genius.

Gee...if we were only as smart as you...

You sound like such an arrogant ass...
2nd, no, it's YOU who sounds like an arrogant ass.

The man just got through sharing his personal tough times on a public forum to make a point WITHOUT ANY CURSING OR DEROGATORY LANGUAGE, and you sling mud at him.

Great job, way to go. You poured some kerosene on babies when they're on fire lately, too?

I can check that box right after 9/11 for unemployment and food stamps. Got laid off, NO ONE was hiring because planes weren't even in the air for almost a month on a regular basis, and I had bills to pay having already been laid off from a failing company once earlier that same year and already exhausted my 3 months' savings buffer.

Crappy things happen to people. THAT'S WHY I PAY TAXES. I feel absolutely NO remorse getting on a government program THAT I FUNDED FOR ALMOST 2 DECADES BEFORE GETTING ON IT!

The point is whether you STAY on the "gravy train" or use it for the shortest time possible, get back on your feet, and become a productive member of society again.

Jesus H... you guys need to lighten the hell up on the self-righteous crap you're spewing. Can't remember who said it, but something about not tempting the aviation gods like that - they're very fickle and will kick you in the nuts with no warning.

Last edited:
I know she's a girl.

You and I are on the same side here.

Latest resources

Back