Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Max Powers

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=477722795

I wonder if that is 65,000 new pilots using Kit's formula or actually 65,000 jobs I'm guessing the former.

In any event we are all union member save a few and it is our time to step up and be heard. At this time Cabotage is illegal and we are under very limited pressure from abroad in regard to domestic and many international flights. Therefore we can't blame or low wages on foreign competition or other foreign companies. THERE IS NO EXCUSE WE NEED TO RAISE THE FREAKING BAR!!!!!!!!

Can I get a AAAAAMMMMMEEEENNNNNN

Sad that this former NWA pilot couldn't get his facts straight before he discredited himself on CNBC. He 1st said that starting regional FO pay is $16 - $20 per hour when in fact a more accurate range is $22-$25 per hour for starting pay. He then went on to say that you can only earn 80 hours per month?? WTF?? I think 95 + would be a more accurate credit projection for most regional contracts. Most 2nd year regional FO's are making more than 2nd Year school teachers, Financial Advisors, Police Officers, Retail Managers, ect. ect.... In fact... average 2nd year regional FO pay out pays the average pay for a college graduate entry level job. Look ahead a few years for Regional Captain pay and you are way above average median income.

Last edited:
Sad that this former NWA pilot couldn't get his facts straight before he discredited himself on CNBC. He 1st said that starting regional FO pay is $16 - $20 per hour when in fact a more accurate range is $22-$25 per hour for starting pay. He then went on to say that you can only earn 80 hours per month?? WTF?? I think 95 + would be a more accurate credit projection for most regional contracts. Most 2nd year regional FO's are making more than 2nd Year school teachers, Financial Advisors, Police Officers, Retail Managers, ect. ect.... In fact... average 2nd year regional FO pay out pays the average pay for a college graduate entry level job. Look ahead a few years for Regional Captain pay and you are way above average median income.

And you are part of which airlines management team?? Obviously you are part of some management team if you believe that trash you are spewing!! STEP AWAY FROM THE KOOL-AID!!!

I encourage you to look at the pay scale for Mesa Air Great Lakes, or any of the other low paying regionals. I think Lakes starting pay is right around $16-17 an hour!

At a commuter in Central cal early 80's we in fact qualified for food stamps...as the company recieved got wind of it they gave us a raise...5 dollard above the qualifying threshold....and they complained when the yearly pilot turnover was 108%

And you are part of which airlines management team?? Obviously you are part of some management team if you believe that trash you are spewing!! STEP AWAY FROM THE KOOL-AID!!!

I encourage you to look at the pay scale for Mesa Air Great Lakes, or any of the other low paying regionals. I think Lakes starting pay is right around $16-17 an hour!

I agree! Lay off the Pale Ale.

!DIOT

RETARD

First year teachers where I live make around $40K/yr. Cops, a little more with signing bonuses.

Why should a pilot work 90 hours a month to get this kind of pay? It would be different if he/she was able to be home every night, working 40 duty hours per week.

Sad that this former NWA pilot couldn't get his facts straight before he discredited himself on CNBC. He 1st said that starting regional FO pay is $16 - $20 per hour when in fact a more accurate range is $22-$25 per hour for starting pay.

Pinnacle pilots start at 21 an hour and move up to a whopping 24 an hour second year. I would say he is pretty close to accurate.

95*12=1140 Regional contracts aren't good enough, generally, to credit 95 hours a month and only fly 1000 for the year. I'm sure somebody has figured out a way to do it, but that would not be the norm at most of these places.

Latest resources

Back