• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TV Report: PILOTS ON FOOD STAMPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My vote (and everyone else who eats MY food) will go to Joe Biden should he become the Democratic Candidate.

He has a firm grasp on the reality of Iraq and the consequences of leaving the area destabilized. He has a son in The Guard.

The Republican party IS OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE WORKING MAN!

This Admin has allowed Corporate America to rape Labor up one side and down the other! One need look no further than NWA for a perfect example!

Plain and simple.

No more of this 'we gotta vote Republican cause they're the only ones who can protect us' crap.

Sadly, you will never be convinced.

Do us all a favor and burn your voter registration card.

By the way, Biden doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of becoming the nominee. Don't fool yourself. It's going to be Hillary, most likely, or B. Hussein Obama. Can you imagine either one of those two clowns running the show?

Last edited:
Sad that this former NWA pilot couldn't get his facts straight before he discredited himself on CNBC.

Funny, I thought his numbers were a little too optimistic. I made even less than what he "advertised" but I guess I was only flying a tiny turboprop for a "living" and I’d imaging you (Splitbar) might even think I had been overpaid. Your post and your lack of knowledge in this arena discredits only one person - you!

Last edited:
we're there...that's the reality, and it's something that we can't lose.

Sorry, my friend, but we've already lost. Now we're just racking up more casualties and dragging out the defeat. There's no way to win this anymore. If it had been done right from the beginning, then I think we could have been victorious. But it's too late for that now.

Who? The military? We have the most lethal, advanced, intelligent warfighters ever to walk the earth.

No, not the military. I have the utmost respect and trust in our military, from the leaders all the way down to the newest enlisted man. The people that can't fight this war to win it are the politicians in the Administration that have limited the ROE from the get-go, and now we seem to be taking marching orders from the incompetent Iraqi government. When they tell our forces that a target is off-limits, we are actually listening to them! This is ridiculous. We can't fight a war with both hands tied behind our back.

With very few exceptions, you're describing Democrats.

No, I'm describing people on both sides of the aisle. It seems that no one is willing to fight a real war anymore. It started in Korea and has gotten progressively worse ever since. No one is willing to go back to the concept of "total war." We have ridiculous ROE and a public that refuses to accept that war is hell. Because of that, we tie our own hands behind our back and run head first into a battle that we're destined to lose from the beginning, because the enemy has no such qualms about fighting a real war.

I'll agree with you on the restrictive Rules of Engagement: Although they nowhere near approach the self-defeating ROE of Vietnam, they are self-defeating, no less, and need to be eliminated. That needs to come straight from the top.

The problem is that they won't be eliminated. If any administration would have the balls to fight a true war, it's this one, but even Bush is afraid to fight a true war. Without that commitment, we are destined to fail in any conflict from here on out.

You are wrong Sir, the surge is working.

We'll see what the final report says on that. I think you'll find that we're having little, if any, effect.

It won't go up with attitudes like yours. You act like as supply decreases pay will obviously go up. I think it is more likely that the pay will decrease (when adjusted to inflation) and that the quality of applicants will simply decrease. We have already seen this happen in the Regional industry. Look at how the minimums have dropped across the board.

AMEN!

Sorry, my friend, but we've already lost. Now we're just racking up more casualties and dragging out the defeat. There's no way to win this anymore. If it had been done right from the beginning, then I think we could have been victorious. But it's too late for that now.

Nice attitude. Our enemies are glad to hear it.

Whose side are you on?

The people that can't fight this war to win it are the politicians in the Administration that have limited the ROE from the get-go, and now we seem to be taking marching orders from the incompetent Iraqi government. When they tell our forces that a target is off-limits, we are actually listening to them! This is ridiculous. We can't fight a war with both hands tied behind our back.

No, I'm describing people on both sides of the aisle. It seems that no one is willing to fight a real war anymore. It started in Korea and has gotten progressively worse ever since. No one is willing to go back to the concept of "total war." We have ridiculous ROE and a public that refuses to accept that war is hell. Because of that, we tie our own hands behind our back and run head first into a battle that we're destined to lose from the beginning, because the enemy has no such qualms about fighting a real war.

The problem is that they won't be eliminated. If any administration would have the balls to fight a true war, it's this one, but even Bush is afraid to fight a true war. Without that commitment, we are destined to fail in any conflict from here on out.

Agreed.

Although we don't have time to get into strategic military principles, I can tell you that the American public doesn't have the stomach to accept the way this war really needs to be successfully waged.

We'll see what the final report says on that. I think you'll find that we're having little, if any, effect.

Again Sir, I believe, and hope, you are wrong.

You guys forget one thing in the formula for bringing pay up - you have to start at the bottom, and ALPA carriers in general have a bad history of "eating their young" to get more on the top end.

Frontier did it recently, and AirTran is trying to LOWER new-hire pay from $45 down to $38 as a PORTION of what gives the senior pilots their larger raises.

Until the senior guys at ALL the airlines band together and say "No" to low 1st year rates, nothing will change.

Last edited:
The dude was born and raised a Muslim. Does that not concern you?

No, you won't ever hear this from his slick campaign managers. Its all smoke and mirrors.

The fact that people with your mindset exist concerns me a lot more than the INCORRECT assertion that Obama was raised Muslim. You might want to check out the facts before you run around parroting your right-wing watercooler gossip- his father was raised Muslim, but had ceased practicing before he had even met Barack's mother. Barack was raised by two generally secular parents.

Barack is a baptized Christian- he was baptized in his twenties, long before he became a politician. I hope that puts your feeble mind at rest.

Latest resources

Back