• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TV Report: PILOTS ON FOOD STAMPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't want to vote for a Republican or a Democrat.

I want to vote for a party that actually is for the middle class. I know I know....pipe dream.

On a side note, why do people care if men marry men, women marry women and/or men marry women?Why is it such a big deal who someone else sleeps with. I just don't get the gay hate thing. Who cares what they do? :confused:

There is NO excuse for her to not be able to work on your days off especially since there is a severe nursing shortage.

Maybe he wants to see his wife?

Megadeth, I used to like reading what you had to say about UPS and what not but lately you seem really passive agressive or just plain old agressive on here and alot less constructive.

Last edited:
I hate the Dems on tons of issues (gun control, abortion, gay marriage, welfare, healthcare, etc...), but it's gotten to the point where labor has been beaten down so much that we've got to put aside the other issues for an election cycle or two and just think about our careers.

I'll be the first to admit that I support and need strong unions to strengthen my career, compensation, and quality of life.

That said, my more important consideration, and duty, AS AN AMERICAN, is to step back, look at the big picture, and vote according to what is best for all of us.

My friends, there is nothing more important to all of us than our national security. Although I disagree with our president on many, many issues, he has been rock solid on tax policy, foreign policy, and our national defense.

The democrats are totally inept, and downright terrifying with their perspective on national security. They have no idea what they are doing. As an American, and a combat veteran of two wars, I am horrified by the thought of a democrat as Commander in Chief. It ought to horrify every one else too. Strangely, for around 50% of you, it doesn't.

How much is our job, union, and NMB going to matter when those crazy Muslims light off a nuke in Manhattan?

Just watch one of the Democratic debates on TV. They are the most laughable panel of flakes and frauds I have ever seen assembled in my life. It would be funny, if it wasn't so scary.

Although I disagree with our president on many, many issues, he has been rock solid on tax policy, foreign policy, and our national defense.

I'll agree with you for the most part on tax policy, but foreign policy and national defense? Really? Are there really still people out there that think Iraq is going well? I supported the war for a while, but it's become obvious that this group can't fight a war. We've fallen into the same trap as we did in Vietnam: a bunch of politicians are running a war and refusing to fight it to win it. We refuse to go near Mosques, even if they're being used for nothing but housing terrorists. This war has turned into a disaster, and Bush has done nothing of substance to fix it. The "surge" is nothing but adding more troops to an existing quagmire. Sorry, but I agree with Biden's idea on Iraq: divide it up into three separate states with a very loose federal government, and then it's time for us to bail out.

Don't worry, we already do that. It's called welfare and it's out of control.

What kills me about all you guys that want your wife to stay at home with the kids but when divorce time comes, you are b!tching that she's taking you to the cleaners. What do you expect? You have a woman completely dependent on someone else for money for years and with no skills. Now, she is supposed to just go out there and make it without you and your money. You reap what you sow.

Well said...and so true.

I'll agree with you for the most part on tax policy, but foreign policy and national defense? Really? Are there really still people out there that think Iraq is going well?

Yes, actually, many. I won't debate whether it's going well or not, but we're there...that's the reality, and it's something that we can't lose. The consequences would be horrific for the middle east, but most importantly, for us. The genocide that would ensue in Iraq and the region would make the carnage in post-Vietnam Cambodia and Laos look like child's play. Interesting how the democrats want to save Darfur (something of zero national security value to us), yet want to abandon the desperate situation in the middle east, a region that is of vital security interest to the entire world.

I supported the war for a while, but it's become obvious that this group can't fight a war.

Who? The military? We have the most lethal, advanced, intelligent warfighters ever to walk the earth. My goodness, we can't lose. There is a military definition of winning a war: "When the opposition loses the will to fight." By this definition, who is losing the war? Who is losing the will to fight? That's right...it's not the crazy Muslims, and it's not the American military: It's the American people. Our military won't lose this war: It will be the fools protesting in the streets of Washington and San Francisco putting pressure on the elected politicians to surrender.

We've fallen into the same trap as we did in Vietnam: a bunch of politicians are running a war and refusing to fight it to win it. We refuse to go near Mosques, even if they're being used for nothing but housing terrorists.

With very few exceptions, you're describing Democrats.

I'll agree with you on the restrictive Rules of Engagement: Although they nowhere near approach the self-defeating ROE of Vietnam, they are self-defeating, no less, and need to be eliminated. That needs to come straight from the top.

This war has turned into a disaster, and Bush has done nothing of substance to fix it. The "surge" is nothing but adding more troops to an existing quagmire.

Yes, the war is a disaster. Is any war not a disaster? Don't confuse Bush with Johnson. Bush is a hands-off guy (maybe too hands-off). He lets the generals call the shots. If there is blame to be had, it's with the generals, and the politicians who refuse to give them the money that they need.

You are wrong Sir, the surge is working.

Sorry, but I agree with Biden's idea on Iraq: divide it up into three separate states with a very loose federal government, and then it's time for us to bail out.

Sure. How are we going to get to that point? How will their government deal with the insurgence and Al-Qaeda? How will they defend themselves from Iran and their apocalyptic nut job leader who wants to destroy everyone not on board with his program?

Look, we all want to get out of Iraq. We all want this to end. But it's something we have to face. And it's something we have to win.

Last edited:
Maybe he wants to see his wife?

Megadeth, I used to like reading what you had to say about UPS and what not but lately you seem really passive agressive or just plain old agressive on here and alot less constructive.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but I feel very strongly about the wife staying at home kind of stuff.

Not only that, but I have been spewing nonsense on here for years. I don't know where you have been.

:D

Last edited:
My vote (and everyone else who eats MY food) will go to Joe Biden should he become the Democratic Candidate.

He has a firm grasp on the reality of Iraq and the consequences of leaving the area destabilized. He has a son in The Guard.

The Republican party IS OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE WORKING MAN!

This Admin has allowed Corporate America to rape Labor up one side and down the other! One need look no further than NWA for a perfect example!

Plain and simple.

No more of this 'we gotta vote Republican cause they're the only ones who can protect us' crap.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back