Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BoilerUP said:
For the love of God man, its spelled PURDUE. :p

Yes, Blowjets is recruiting 500 hour wonders from Purdue because they've gotten all the "highly qualified candidates" they are going to get. To my knowledge not a single Boilermaker has taken the offer...and there are MANY of us alums that intend to keep it that way.

FYI...There have not been any recruiting efforts at Purdue, and none have been made offers. However, one of the first Check Airman is from Purdue...ex American Eagle MEC. You should talk to him, he's actually very sharp.

fuelflow said:
FYI...There have not been any recruiting efforts at Purdue, and none have been made offers. However, one of the first Check Airman is from Purdue...ex American Eagle MEC. You should talk to him, he's actually very sharp.

This is completely and totally INCORRECT; Blowjets most certainly has been recruiting low-time pilots from Purdue. 500 total time, "25 to 50 multi" to fly a CRJ-700 for "a new subsiduary of Trans States Airlines". No offers of employment have been made because people aren't stupid enough to apply, especially given the large number of Boilermakers at TSA.

Would you like me to post the email sent to all 2004 & 2005 graduates just two weeks ago?

BoilerUP said:
This is completely and totally INCORRECT; Blowjets most certainly has been recruiting low-time pilots from Purdue. 500 total time, "25 to 50 multi" to fly a CRJ-700 for "a new subsiduary of Trans States Airlines". No offers of employment have been made because people aren't stupid enough to apply, especially given the large number of Boilermakers at TSA.

Would you like me to post the email sent to all 2004 & 2005 graduates just two weeks ago?

Go ahead and post it, and well see whos full of it

Contact information has been edited out to protect school staff that have no stake in this battle; their only role is to provide and relay job opportunities to graduates which is exactly what they were doing. Pay special attention to the date and subject of the email below, and compare it to the timeline of the Trans States propsal and vote.

I'm posting this at the risk of ridicule to myself, my friends, fellow graduates and my university, but WORD NEEDS TO GET OUT THAT COMPANIES LIKE GJ ARE HURTING THE PROFESSION! Many things can be said about the skill or attitude of some university aviation graduates, but the desire to stab each other in the back to fly a shiny new jet making 20K a year is not a trademark of my alma matter.

Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:45:19
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: URGENT - Need to hear back from you within 3 to 4 days!!!

ATTENTION!

TRANS STATE AIRLINES has a new branch called GJS, located out of St.
Louis, MO. They are looking to hire pilots for their CRJ's 700 this
month! You will need to have 500 TT and 25 to 50 Multi. If you know of
anyone who is still seeking please contact Prof. xxxxx at
765-xxx-xxxx or email him at [email protected] .

Dave Benjamin said:
We spotted a Go-Jet CRJ-700 in DEN. I don't recall N# but it ended in "GJ" and had the "Operated by Go-Jet" painted by the door. It also had that "Ex-Plus" logo painted on the nose. I wonder if the pilots will be removing their wings and ID while walking through the terminal.
Really,
A good a$$kicking followed by some good old tire slashing would get their attention. AAAHHH the good old days where is Jimmy H SR when you need him?
PBR

BoilerUP said:
Contact information has been edited out to protect school staff that have no stake in this battle; their only role is to provide and relay job opportunities to graduates which is exactly what they were doing. Pay special attention to the date and subject of the email below, and compare it to the timeline of the Trans States propsal and vote.

I'm posting this at the risk of ridicule to myself, my friends, fellow graduates and my university, but WORD NEEDS TO GET OUT THAT COMPANIES LIKE GJ ARE HURTING THE PROFESSION! Many things can be said about the skill or attitude of some university aviation graduates, but the desire to stab each other in the back to fly a shiny new jet making 20K a year is not a trademark of my alma matter.

Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:45:19
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: URGENT - Need to hear back from you within 3 to 4 days!!!

ATTENTION!

So where in this email does it say GO-Jet is recruiting at Purdue....looks like an internal announcement within Purdue describing possible new sources of employment. Not quite what you inferred.

PBRstreetgang said:
Really,
A good a$$kicking followed by some good old tire slashing would get their attention. AAAHHH the good old days where is Jimmy H SR when you need him?
PBR

Since Jimmy H was Teamsters he probably would be buying them a steak dinner as future Teamsters.

Integrity

To bad they don't teach integrity at schools....Quite the opposite they teach that it is OK to support the actions of TSA management.

ex j-41 said:
To bad they don't teach integrity at schools....Quite the opposite they teach that it is OK to support the actions of TSA management.

I hope I am misunderstanding you...

Nobody I know supports the actions of TSA management in relation to GJ. Nobody from my school has taken GJ's offer. There are over 25 recent graduates employed at Trans States that I consider friends who are getting the word out in academia about GJ and how it affects current and upcoming pilots. Many of these recent graduates are still on probation yet realize that risk is less than the risk GJ poses to their jobs, profession, and reputations.

If that isn't integrity, I don't know what is.

You boys still cryin about not getting to fly the 70 seaters huh? Which are actually 66. Come on!! It's only 16 more seats, get over it. If you want to oppose the creation of GJ fine, but why take it out on the people who are just trying to earn a living, if you can even call it that.

How about Eagle, PSA, Piedmont, Allegheny etc. which are or were alter ego airlines. The only difference is that the mainline pilots wanted nothing to do with them. So in essence, its all about doing whats in the best interests of good ole #1, which is each person as an individual, or groups of people such as the TSA pilots who would greatly benefit by having their seniority list fly those 700's. You can't blame management for doing what they see as in their best interest by creating GJ to be flown by a different group of pilots. How would you like them to say "ok we will put you all on the same list but we will have to give up the 700 flying for United because we just can't do it now for the price we bid, sorry". Either way you all don't get to fly them anyway.

I am amazed that you expect people who are furloughed or in a dead-end SIC right seat position, or just in a situation you all know nothing about, to actually turn down a job that will allow them a quick upgrade. We all know its all about PIC time in order to get on with a carrier that will allow us to live a decent life, if there are any anymore. Again, it all comes down to doing whats best for good ole #1! You TSA pilots are doing it, but condemn those whose lives will be bettered by going to GJ.

Oh and By the way, if GJ would offer me a Captain position right off the bat, I'd take it in a heartbeat!!

Enjoy!!!

Latest resources

Back