• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tsa Gj Loa Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First of all, what carriers are hiring right now (besides SWA or JetBlue) that will allow you to live the life you want? Second of all, I got the same email BoilerUp got, just because they're not on campus right now doesn't mean they're not actively recruiting. Most of the recent graduates already have jobs, so they can't take the offer. So the next group of "fresh meat" will graduate in December, so around then GJ will be on campus. How do I know they're actively recruiting? Because I've confirmed this with people who are currently on campus, people who I've talked to about GJ and the danger it poses. The word is getting around.

And I really don't see how you can make your argument about dropping the United 70 seat flying because "we can't do it at the price we bid if you guys fly it." Heck, since the GJ contract with United started before they were operating, TSA has been doing their flying for over a month now! (Still want to buy into that "seperate company" crap). I can maybe buy your argument if GJ offers absolutely horrible pay scales (of course nobody can find, or seems to want to post, GJ's pay rates), and we asked for higher rates. But why would that prohibit them from sitting down and negotiating with their own pilots, who have worked hard for the company and deserve to be a part of its future growth.

Because of the real reason they want to run GJ without us. It's why they're excluding us, and it's why we're fighting this. We're not crying over not flying the "exciting 70-seat jets." We're fighting so that management doesn't get away with starting another carrier and using it to hurt us in upcoming contract negotiations.

Well as I said, I for one, would work at GJ in a heartbeat if it were as captain, but as far as GJ hurting you in contract negotiations, I think you are worrying over spilled milk because they won't. If TSA pilots went on strike I surely would refuse to fly any route that TSA did. You should have more faith. I'm just saying you guys need not take it out on the people who are currently, or in the future may work for GJ. They are not out to get you all! They just want to either work or better their lives and future prospects.

Pipejockey, were you waiting for a reply? You were pretty quick on the other GJ thread also. I'm betting your already one of them. Whats it like to wear your badge backward at the training center and the airport?

TiredOfTeaching said:
Pipejockey, were you waiting for a reply? You were pretty quick on the other GJ thread also. I'm betting your already one of them. Whats it like to wear your badge backward at the training center and the airport?

Nope, just perusing this fine message board listening to the largest group of whiners around. And also nope, I am not employed by GJ.

How can you say they won't hurt us in negotiations? Look at the past few years, Mesa and Freedom, CHQ and Republic. Every CHQ and Mesa pilot I've talked to have said to fight GJ because their alter-ego (or whatever you want to call it) battles cost them a lot when they negotiated their current contracts. If GJ grows without one seniority list, all of TSA's current United flying, potentially the remaining USAir flying has the potential to be given to GJ (at the very least management can threaten to do that if the pilot group doesn't agree to what they want in a new contract). The American flying isn't enough to keep TSA as big as it is, and a lot of people will be out on the street.

I can't blame someone for trying to improve their lot in life or put food on the table, but there are better ways to do that then by going to GJ and screwing over the TSA pilots. They may not hurt us today, or next week, but they will starting next summer. They may not even want to hurt us, but management does and they're playing those guys like a fiddle.

Freedom was created while Mesa was in negotiations and was clearly used to intimidate the Mesa pilots. I feel the creation of GJ was initiated by other factors not associated with TSA pilots. Freedom was created when I was in a position where I would have taken any airline job, but It didn't take me long to dismiss any thoughts I had of going there. I truly feel this is different. I think the bottom line is that life isn't always fair. We all get screwed sometime, I surely have!

pipejockey said:
I think the bottom line is that life isn't always fair. We all get screwed sometime, I surely have!

So that makes it okay to screw other people, to profit off of their hard work?

Hey cockjockey, let me break it down for you. If your ditch digging company is paying you $8 an hour to dig ditches, and the owner starts a second company that is only paying $7 an hour to dig ditches, eventually the new company will get all the new ditch digging business. When you finish your current ditch digging project, you will be out of a job or go to work for less money($7 an hour) for the new company. Now as long as there are plenty of people willing to go to work digging ditches for $7 an hour, the company wins and all the workers lose because the next step is to start a third company and pay $6 an hour. So all the high and mighty $7 an hour workers will now be out of a job or go to work for the third new company at $6 an hour. Are you getting this? I hope I kept it simple enough for you to understand. The point is this, in the end, one of the last companies formed is paying $0 an hour and the mighty $1 an hour worker will either be out of a job or go to work for the newest company making $0 an hour. And that's when it hits ya. If you still don't understand, I'm sure one of the hundreds of other pilots on this site who understand what is going on here will be glad to explain it to you in their own words that maybe you can relate to better.

yeah, and they can then get folks to PAY them for the privelige of logging jet time. Some 500 hour wonder with 25 MEL will gladly pay them $10,000 to log 100 hours of SIC time in a JET. They can turn the pilot group into a profit center.

Don't laugh, they've tried it before. Once upon a time TSA (and others) had an arrangement with Flight Safety wherein you gave FS $10,000 for a checkout in a J32 and then got a job that paid 13,000 the first year, It weren't that long ago.

tj

pipejockey said:
Freedom was created while Mesa was in negotiations and was clearly used to intimidate the Mesa pilots. I feel the creation of GJ was initiated by other factors not associated with TSA pilots.

What other factors? Like the factor that unlike Mesa and Freedom, TSA's negotiations won't start until GJ is up and running? It would seem that would make GJ more of a threat to TSA pilots (disclaimer: previous comment not made to belittle to threat Freedom presented to Mesa. Please don't send me scrambling for the flamesuit :eek:)

Latest resources

Back