• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management-Elkhart IN. ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought the new changes were going to help the pilots left make more money? A " win win" for everyone. A bud told me they were just trimming the fat. People are so negative on here.

If intentionally parking airplanes generates revenue then lets park them all and retire. More brain science from the masters of Elk*%$#@!

Avantair opens their window on 2/23 for about 10 days or so
8/6 schedule
35 first year
Domicles are listed on 350.com
Vacation
Retirement
I dont know if it gets u another type rating though

And a possible Bright Future....

8/6 schedule
35 first year
Vacation
Retirement

If fuel prices continue to climb, and really, what's to stop them with the demand increasing from China and India, and the unrest in the Middle East, that Piaggio (sp?), is going to look better and better against the light jet market.

If you ever have a chance to stick your head into one, the cockpit is no roomier than the BJ, but the cabin, looks like you just walked onto a mid-size Hawker jet.

Truly an amazing bird, IMHO.

And from what I can see, there is really nothing out there to compete with it on cabin size/ speed for a m/e turboprop.

Might be worth looking into guys.

They are a public company making money, with more reason for existing than to just be a tax write off for some rich guy.

And with the pay hit you already took, the difference in starting pay vs present pay would not be as great, at least for the FOs.

A potential career position vs. a burn out unsustainable job.

Last edited:
Avantair is far from a place to be. I deal with their MX department daily. Word from them is they might not even be able to pay for their parts after summer.

They are a public company making money, with more reason for existing than to just be a tax write off for some rich guy.

Where did you find that they are making money? Everything I have found is showing them operating at a loss. Just looking at Yahoo Finance under AAIR.OB shows that!

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot.asp?ticker=AAIR:US

it appears they had am approximate 3 million loss from last year quarter over quarter.

revenue up to due block hourse going up, but like all newer companies-- as the labor force increases in seniority , so does their pay---- and of course we all know you must grow to take advantage of cheap first year labor rates and junior captain rates-- after about year 4/5/6-- at avantair-- the salaries for capt go pretty freaking high.

they are getting mroe planes-- and as oil goes up, they will only do better i think.

Avantair making money?

They have never made a profit in their existence.

You need to look at their audited financial reports, especially their balance sheet.

Be careful out there.

Don't let the cabin interior size influence your thought process.

They also stopped taking delivery of new aircraft. Their top 3 sales guys also quit to go elsewhere.

8/6 schedule
35 first year
Vacation
Retirement

Skip that pay scale is for the 7/7. With day 8 (until further notice) the pay is more for the first year +. There is no type rating. The plane weighs under 12,500.

Latest resources

Back