• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management-Elkhart IN. ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I have heard, you are better off trying to go to a fractional. TMC does only Sentient work, and they don't pay any better than a Regional airline. At least at the regional you get uniforms, free parking and travel benefits to go with your regional airline salary.

I only live about an hour from EKM. I sent many letters and even whent there once but I guess I didnt know the secret hand shake. Seemed like a small operation. Good luck.

actually the pay at TMC is a lot better than a regional, and they're going to have around 20 airplanes by the end of this year.

Pay at TMC is $60,000 for a Beechjet Captain, $40,000 for an FO, better than a regional, but not a whole lot. Certainly not the $65,000 and $45,000 industry standards. Furthermore;

- $40/day per diem, while the industry is paying $50-$60.

- You buy your own uniforms. Usually free uniforms or an allowance are a given, unless for example, the pay is exceptional.

- $280/month for health, vision, dental for two...I pay $160/month for better coverage.

- You will pay for your own parking at the airport. This is an operational expense that the company should be expected to cover.

-8 on 6 off schedule, with no promises not to make you work on your 6 off.

-No vacation! They will shift schedules around to give you two 6 day rotations off in a row, but then screw you down the road to cover someone elses "vacation".

-If you are asked to work extra days, or you don't get home until a day into your "off" week, they don't pay you for the first two extra days you work each quarter. You get to work up to 8 uncompensated days per year!

- You will sign a 12 month training contract.

I am confused why a company that wants to grow is going to give second tier compensation. Pay second tier and you will get second tier people, the good ones won't hesitate to move on. Meanwhile, your customers will suffer because poorly paid people are not motivated to give exceptional service. They will just show up and "punch their tickets".

Suddenly a regional job doesn't sound so bad! Besides, you can move to the right seat of a major in 18 months! My friend who gave me this information is not planning on making a career of this place.

My advice is; don't waste your time on these people.

Last edited:
For anyone interested, I was informed that Travel Management finallly published a full pay scale, and apparently not many of the captains working there are happy about it. My friend would not have accepted the job there if he knew this up front. It seems they all expected better pay than FLOPs, but that isn't what they got. I don't have all the details but apparently, you will make more at Avantair. Like, year 3 Avantair pay is better than year 5 pay at TMC. By year nine you are making $95k at Avantair which you don't make until year 15 at TMC. Avantair tops out at $105 k at year twelve, while TMC tops out at $95 K at year 15! Plus Avantair gets $48/day per diem, vs only $40 at TMC. Don't they realize that this kind of pay is why FLOPs has Teamsters today? I hear that many pilots at TMC would welcome a union when they get big enough to attract one. Good luck guys!

the place is shaky at best---its a joke

pay for parking to come to work? where do i sign-- dont even waste your time-- make them raise their pay and benes.

Skippy said so

Learflyer, no he was 135 but hoping to get in on the ground floor of something good. He (and everyone else) was thinking they would have to be competetive with NetJets, CShares, etc. when they sorted the salaries out. He is quite disappointed. He left a $65,000/yr job for TMC. The way he put it, he would never have taken the job if he had know that it would be 2013 before he was back to his 2006 pay level.

Welcome to Indiana, remember to set your clocks back a decade.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in TMC should look at XOJET. With their newly planned expansion, the place could be a gem. And before you ask, No I don't work at either place.

Latest resources

Back