• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management-Elkhart IN. ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Saw a ad for typed captains on Climbto350.com but no mention of FOs.

I imagine thats because typed captains are more hard to find. I believe they are still hiring FOs. I know there is at least one in the next indoc.

I DARE someone to ask how I feel about that crew meal email.

Ok, I'll bite.

Personally, I have probably had only 3 occasions where I would have like to have had a crew meal to take on the plane and yesterday was one of them. But I probably would not ever use it.

If we had a little more information about them, it would have been nice. I did hear tell where a crew about 3 weeks ago asked for a crew meal and it was deducted from their per diem without their knowledge, which was crappy.

Well, most of these favors coming from EKM are turning out to be favors that help MGMT and pretty much hose the pilots.
That crew meal email was nothing more than writing saying that TMC will never buy crew meals, yet implied to make us feel obligated to expedite the process of ensuring the crew is fit for flight on our dime, but still be on their time. Hey, that rhymed.
Anyway, I don't know what the standard of living is in EKM, but it's apparently much better than mine. I don't eat $13 breakfasts, $15 lunches and $25 dinners. If it's such a reasonable cost, TMC can include that in the contract... like if the FBO is not a preferred FBO, $400 fee (yeah, I've read the contracts). If the crew flies through a certain time, $50 fee which would be applied to "reasonable" crew meals, which is PEANUTS compared to what TMC makes on these contracts.
I'm just saying, I'm not going to spend 2 times the price of a normal breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I'm not the one promising the world to the brokers and the customers, but I somehow am the one making all the magic happen.
I'm glad to be working for such greedy management though. It tells me they are able to make contracts that will keep giving me a job.
I never asked for a crew meal from TMC. For the most part it's easy to budget time, but for days that Flying Biker had yesterday, I'm NEVER paying a $13, $15, $25 meal. I'm going to shut it down, go to the restaurant I like. I'm not going to be a dick and drag my feet, but I'm not working miracles for TMC if they aren't going to pay for a "reasonable" priced meal.
Oh, PS, someone tell mgmt that incentive pay is less than a normal day at work. Thanks.

Last edited:
I still don't understand. You have a company trying to sell itself as a premier charter operator, yet they are still treating the pilots like it's Wal-Mart.

They could sell it like this: "We employ some of the best flight crews in the industry, but attracting and retaining pilots of this caliber is expensive. Surcharges may apply." High net worth people want to know they are flying safe, and they will not accept knowing that the pilot may not have his full concentration on the job because he didn't eat.

Honestly, the pilots are the ONLY contact the company has with those who pay the bills. The pilots should be the companies most important customers, and take care of them the way they would a big paying customer. Then the pilots can concentrate on giving 110% to the passenger who pays the bills. Worrying about eating on a long day is just Mickey Mouse.

Or maybe they could just up that supidly low per-diem.

Last edited:
I'm just saying, I'm not going to spend 2 times the price of a normal breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I'm not the one promising the world to the brokers and the customers, but I somehow am the one making all the magic happen.

I get all my email on my phone and didn't see the attachment with the costs. When I finally got to the hotel and reread the thing, I saw the prices and about fell over. I could not believe that they expect us to pay such high prices for mediocre meals. Just for dinner alone would take up one days perdiem. And they present it to us like it is a good thing and to thank XX for setting this up. I'm sorry, setting what up? A way to get us to spend our money for the companies benefit? Needless to say, I was disappointing with this one. But like I said, I have had maybe 3 times where I would have like to have had something so I don't think that this groundbreaking occurrence is going to change anything.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back