• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management-Elkhart IN. ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know what plane they hired for, but mgt. is very aware of the growing animosity of the pilot group. Many of the pilots that have been here 2+years are unable to transition into the 800/850 due to insurance flight time requirements; add that on top of the schedule change and you end up with a very angry pilot group. There are ways to meet the insurance requirements for zero time guys, but I think they are unwilling to do it because of scheduling difficulties. My two cents.

What's the composition of the fleet nowadays (any breakdown)? Are the Citation IIs get phased out? What about the older Beechjets/Diamonds? What aircraft are the newhires generally being placed into?

Also, are the previously discussed payscales (I think 60K for Capts and $45K for FOs) still correct? Do salaries really max out at 60K (ceiling)? Being home-based helps but that schedule sounds like a killer schedule for people with families...

Last edited:
Sounds like any more new Hawkers will be crewed by new hires, since they are now placing then into that aircraft. Just my view.

What's the composition of the fleet nowadays (any breakdown)? Are the Citation IIs get phased out? What about the older Beechjets/Diamonds? What aircraft are the newhires generally being placed into?

Also, are the previously discussed payscales (I think 60K for Capts and $45K for FOs) still correct? Do salaries really max out at 60K (ceiling)? Being home-based helps but that schedule sounds like a killer schedule for people with families...

Captains start at 65k, FO's at 45k. There are raises, I believe second year Capt is 70k not sure what the rate of increase is after that. FO pay raise is not very much. The schedule is tough with a family but what are you going to do?

Anything new happening over there? Business picking up at all?

i have heard more rumblings from tmc pilots. tmc will reap what they sow. you can't keep guys on the road for 14 or 15 days and expect morale to be good. for a few guys the schedule suites them, more power to them; new planes and sched. that they like, then its not a bad place to work....until you start jackin' with their days off and messin with their day off pay. I hope mgt figures that out or they will end up disenfranchising the entire pilot group. If tmc keeps this up, and keeps passing the buck to the top of the company, nobody, not even the kool-aid drinkers will have any respect for mgt. When a pilot asks for clarification or reasoning behind a decision, mgt. shouldn't point to a stack of resumes' and state 'if you don't like it, leave". btw every word of this was said face-to-face to the chief pilot. twice. and no I didn't like it, so I left. Not to rub it in, just a statement of fact. Day rate in piston twin is more than day off pay at tmc. Good luck, keep looking better jobs are out there.

Latest resources

Back